Sign in to follow this  
jgotterb

This will work, right?

I am currently running 2 machines. The main one is a TS2021 belt driven, then as backup, a 13 hp honda direct drive. I was thinking if I could find another ts2021, and a gear box, for the 13 hp motor, I could hook both to a buffer water tank, and run both at once. I am hoping that once spring rolls around I will be busy enough to justify a helper, then we will need to run 2 at once. Right now I run directly off the hose hook up at the house (no tank). Just wondering if it will even work.

Yes, it'll work fine. Make sure that each machine has its own separate suction port in the tank. If you "Y" off to two machines, and one breaks, the other probably won't work either. I have seen instances where a pump ends up with bad inlet seals, allowing the pump to suck air. Shut that one off, and the other pump would rather pull air through the bad pump than water from the tank.

If you want to get off with a lesser expense AR makes some nice direct drive 5 and 5.5 gpm pumps. Call me and we can talk costs.