Sign in to follow this  
PeteL

Lead in Paint -That I knew about

Question

2 answers to this question

yea I'm certified. The course is painfully boring and full of almost logistically impossible methods of working in compliance. I have not and most likely will not be doing any work that we can not establish (without testing for) does not contain lead. To do it correct will cost a heap of money and most likely someone that does not know (or chooses not to follow) the rules will do it "old school" - out of compliance. We are fortunate that our market has very little of this type of work.

For example, if you are working outside on lead paint you are supposed to drop off with plastic 10 feet in each direction from the entire area you are working, wear a special suit, wrap the plastic in a special way for disposal, use hepa vacs ($800) to get dust from beds,...... Oh did I mention, you need to cone and rope off your work area so that the public can not come with in 20 feet of your work area. Also, you need to put a large orange placard on the door to the home to warn the owners and the public of the hazards of lead dust.

I'd rather not bother - they are not messing around with the fines - Just better to look other places for work, not worth the risk.