Sign in to follow this  
810F250

Surface Cleaner Arm, NOZZLE TILT

Jim, show the after video in the same parking spots. I believe you because I've seen your other videos. It will be impressive to show it after you're done and dry.

I've always believed that a SC + 300 degrees could clean oil better (in spite of the short contact time) . It was just the gum that got me involved in this thread because I personally witnessed zero advantage on the gum.

Jim, you know I am in complete awe of your equipment (get your mind out of the gutter :) ). But I'm a practical science guy and I'm trying to justify the added risk and cost vs the cleaning difference. Once you've recleaned that garage and calculated how much more you spent than your subcontractor, then there would be enough data to justify the expense of reaching those higher temps. (Chris is still working on a garage you pitched when you were here......they balked at .05 ft last year)

Jim, show the after video in the same parking spots. I believe you because I've seen your other videos. It will be impressive to show it after you're done and dry.

I've always believed that a SC + 300 degrees could clean oil better (in spite of the short contact time) . It was just the gum that got me involved in this thread because I personally witnessed zero advantage on the gum.

Jim, you know I am in complete awe of your equipment (get your mind out of the gutter :) ). But I'm a practical science guy and I'm trying to justify the added risk and cost vs the cleaning difference. Once you've re-cleaned that garage and calculated how much more you spent than your subcontractor, then there would be enough data to justify the expense of reaching those higher temps. (Chris is still working on a garage you pitched when you were here......they balked at .05 ft last year)

Chris C said the same thing last year. The problem is that I am on time limits with garages and it simple is not that easy to do, being that we reclaim every drop that did not evaporate or is soaked into the concrete. The oil/ heavy metals/ dirt for one spot(s) would create added costs and time. Frankly after putting 16 to 20 hours days, all we are thinking about is completing the job and going home. If I remember right, this job took (5) 15-16 hour days with a crew of 14-17. I just cannot remember the numbers exactly. Sorry. But you get the picture.

Also, if I was to re cleaned a second time the following day, this stain, even with the 200 degree washer, would appear lighter as well. Oil rises up, you reapply detergent, you wash again. If I showed that this area was "Clean", by re cleaning again, this would not be a fair test. One could argue that the area got cleaned twice, and so therefore, of course, the area will be cleaner. See my point?

In this video, I was not there when we re-cleaned the areas. I was on another job-site. When I came back, I was going to retake the video, but the concrete was wet. As you know Tony with some on these BBS ( NOT saying you) , I did not want anyone to say, ya it looks better because the area in question is wet. But you can see from our video's I try to get the cement completely dry before taken such a video or photo. I do not prefer photos where the cement is wet or soaked and then a after photo is taken. As you may know, this would show the cleaning job to appear to be " Cleaner" then what it would look if the cement was completely dry.

The garage was open within the hour of us cleaning that section and I was glad, because in our contract, if we do not make the deadline, we pay our client up to 10% of the contract for lost revenue as a result from our delays. I did come back for the walk thru and thought that I may be able to take another video, but the garage was packed. We clean this garage every 3 years or so. It gets really oily. Every time it goes out to bid, we are the highest bid by at least 30 to 38%. The board asks for a detailed bid. Every year they choose us to clean.

Since this garage, our sub now has a 780 or 790,000 BTU Boiler installed to prevent this from happening. Again, can't remember on the exact size. For this reason, his rig no longer cleans areas that require cleaning temps above 250 degrees.

It is amazing how hard the gum gets out in the sun and baking on the concrete for years and years.

I thought it would only be here in Texas where the gum is extremely hard to remove but Tony is right, that gum at the DMV was hard as rock, just like here in Texas.

At the Vegas Round Table, people got to see what they have to deal with just like what I am dealing with when removing gum or cleaning gum here in Texas.

I have a steel eagle 24". I am thinking of going to a three or four arm manifold but I used a machine that had just two arms, but had nozzles at the end of each and in the middle of each. In other words, it had four nozzles on two arms total. I can't remember who made it. Does anyone know? It really makes sense to do this as it covers more area faster. It seemed as I recall to have smaller jets in the center ones and larger on the outside, therefore, equaling the pressure better but I'm only guessing. Thanks

I had that idea, but not in a surface cleaner, but in a straight line with 4 turbos in a line, I think it would be faster than a surface cleaner, way faster, because of the impact you would have to move the tool fast enough not to grind into the crete. I just wondered what is the minimum flow to use on each.

It was done already