Sign in to follow this  
metcalfec

Comments on my new rig welcome.

Hey folks,

finally finished building my new cold water trailer, Take a look and comment please I am anxious to hear what the professionals think.

Eventually I will be adding a hot box and upgrading the pump but for know I think it will work.

Chris

post-7540-137772380641_thumb.jpg

post-7540-137772380747_thumb.jpg

post-7540-137772380852_thumb.jpg

post-7540-137772380955_thumb.jpg

post-7540-137772381058_thumb.jpg

Looks good! +1 on the signage. What is that behind the reels? Do you need the gate or could you take it off? Taking it off might make it look less like a utility trailer, and might free up some space for a small diamond plate tool box. Just my $.02.

Looking awesome. I have seen guys use that rear gate as a billboard.

looked like you took some good advice on large inlet plumbing.

Room to grow on that trailer, I like it. (drop on another 13hp and pump and you pushing 8 gpm, or 4 gpm with redundancy)

Looks great Chris, and yes use that rear gate as a biilboard, you'll also like it for loading and unloading items. If you are doing reidential, I would suggest putting the hose reels, (unless they swivel) on the passenger side so that when you pull up to a house you can walk straight to the water supply and hook up and then grab your pressure hose and head to the spot you are going to start at. With them facing the rear, you will find yourself having to walk all your hose down the street and then draggin back to the house. I bought a use rig once that had the hoses facing like yours and it was a pain. Now if your doing a lot of commercial, you'll be ok with that as you can maneuver your truck however you want. I like the trailer size and the fact that is tandem axle. Nice lookin rig

Thanks everyone, I researched a ton and looked at at least a million rigs on here and just plain old internet searches, took a little from each one and came up with this.

Nigel you say add another 13hp and pump to get 8 gpm, I will look into that and how to exactly set it up properly.

Doug you are right on the reels, I thought I would like them on the rear and do but I agree side mount would be much more convenient.

Thanks

again

Chris