Sign in to follow this  
sspc

PT rails and mahogany floor

Question

I need help with selecting colors for a deck that I am doing. I will be using Read Seal. The rails are PT and the floor is mahogany (1 yr old). Rails have nothing on them and the floor has aussi oil...compliments of the builder (put down in November).

Usually I would use Med Red on the whole deck, but this deck is for my in-laws...and I want to give them something a little more special. They are insisting on some type of clear and I am urging them against it.

Because of the two different types of wood...I would like to do a two tone...a color to enhance both types of wood. Does anyone have any suggestions of what Ready Seal colors they would use on this deck...

patrick

4 answers to this question

Because there is two different woods it will be two tone using one color of ready seal. Do not use clear on mahogany.*med red med brown is a great mix for mahogany.

I've tried two-tone in semi-trans on PT and didn't care much for it. Using the AC I did one with Super Cedar and Cedar Semi and one with Redwood Tone and Sierra Redwood. Couldn't distinguish definitive color tones and the impact really wasn't that impressive.

Actually, There were a couple I did that I liked - one with a dark brown/light brown scheme and a bence with the AC Cedar Tone and Cedar Semi.

Not sure what they looked liked when they aged but the other two didn't turn out so hot

post-3028-137772384694_thumb.jpg

post-3028-137772384703_thumb.jpg