Sign in to follow this  
Marty

TWP Stain longevity

Question

Hi -

I use TWP for most of the decks I do and seem to get about 2 to 3 years out of it. Is that common for most stains ? I brush it and then spray 2nd coat on floor boards. Is there a product that last much longer?

Thanks,

Marty

www.pearlpowerwashing.com

248-231-4434

6 answers to this question

Is there a product that last much longer?

Not without going to a solid.

Before the VOC laws changed in 2005, there where more products (oil based) that used to last 3 years on horizontals.

That time is gone for those who are in the affected zones.

Where you are, you are fortunate to still have access to the TWP version that lasts that long. We don't have that option.

Rod!~

Hi Scott-

Thanks, I will have stop by and check your shop out next time I am on your side out of town. I use big d from Mikes Pump shop to wash my decks. What product do you use or recommend? Thanks in advance.

Hi Scott-

Thanks, I will have stop by and check your shop out next time I am on your side out of town. I use big d from Mikes Pump shop to wash my decks. What product do you use or recommend? Thanks in advance.

Marty, we use an injectable stripper and injectable brightener that we developed years ago and have made for us. All the contractors who buy from us locally use it.

Stop in some time!

I've been using Sikkens product for last 12 years with the same results - 2 years of life. Should I switch to Armstrong-Clark or TWP? Are these better quality products? Please share your experience. Thanks.