Sign in to follow this  
mrmichaeljmoore

Gutter Tiger Striping

Homewoner here with a question about preventing the black streaks on gutters (apparently called "Tiger Stripes")....

I celaned my house and gutters this weekend. Everything looks nice and clean and new, including the gutters.

I did a quick google search this morning and found two products designed to prevent the Tiger Stripes.

Has anyone seen either of these two porducts?

https://gutteredge.com/index.php

Snaps into place, no screws needed.

StainGuarderĀ®TM - "Because stripes belong on tigers...not on gutters."

Requires a screw through the top lip of the gutter

Anyone have any experience with these? Or have a better idea to prevent the stripes?

thanks.

mm

F13 is what you want to use. If you can't get that try Spray-9 from Home Depot (not sold at Lowes); it not as strong but works pretty well for the homeowner.

Homewoner here with a question about preventing the black streaks on gutters (apparently called "Tiger Stripes")....

I celaned my house and gutters this weekend. Everything looks nice and clean and new, including the gutters.

I did a quick google search this morning and found two products designed to prevent the Tiger Stripes.

Has anyone seen either of these two porducts?

https://gutteredge.com/index.php

Snaps into place, no screws needed.

StainGuarderĀ®TM - "Because stripes belong on tigers...not on gutters."

Requires a screw through the top lip of the gutter

Anyone have any experience with these? Or have a better idea to prevent the stripes?

thanks.

mm

Yes the StainGuarder is the better of the two products, StainGuarder invented this product, the screws are designed to allow for expansion and contraction during summer and winter, and keeps StainGuarder on, and prevents the StainGuarder from blowing off, etc.