Sign in to follow this  
RTheating

Starting Out ! Need some help!

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site & industry. I own & operate a heating, air conditioning & duct cleaning business in Alberta, Canada. I am thinking about getting into commercial kitchen exhaust hood cleaning. The reason for this is because my mother manages a large cleaning company about 6.5 hours away from where I live & they subcontract out kitchen hood cleaning. I have the opportunity to take over this contract. It is done twice a year, around September & March. I do not think this is a dirty job like a Chinese place. Each time I would go would be about 5 days of work, 8-10 hrs per day. I will be going to Phil Acklands training in Texas around September or October. I must be certified here to perform this work.

My main questions is what kind of pressure washer should I be buying? Brand, electric or gas, hot or cold etc. I will have access to hot water at the job site and it is permitted. I do not think I will be going after many customers here locally, so my equipment will not be used nearly as much as most of you on this forum. I may one day expand here locally with kitchen hood cleaning and pressure washing houses, driveways, sidewalks but not for a while. I already have a smaller cargo trailer to haul what ever I need.

Thanks!

Tom

R/T Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd.

Edited by RTheating

Hello everyone,

Welcome to TGS. We are glad you are here.

Please go to your profile under settings and complete your signature line. House rules.

You will get alot more responses when we know who we are talking to.

What questions you don't find under the search function, can be posted for replies.

Read read read, rinse rinse rinse.

Good luck and again,

Welcome to TGS

Edited by Adrian
corrections

Welcome to TGS. We are glad you are here.

Please go to your profile under settings and complete your signature line. House rules.

You will get alot more responses when we know who we are talking to.

What questions you don't find under the search function, can be posted for replies.

Read read read, rinse rinse rinse.

Good luck and again,

Welcome to TGS

I have done a little bit of searching. I am just hoping for some opinions about a machine for my situation.

Don't sweat it Tom. I'm not a greaser, but, there are plenty of them here and they are GOOD at what they do.

Most of them Vets in the trade who can steer you in the right direction with gear.

Lots of good vendors as well.

There's a fella on here that has good foamers plans that alot of foks swear by.

Lots of good info here Tom.

Nice website by the way Tom.

Do I get the free air conditioner for mentioning this, or is there more to it? lol.

Edited by Adrian
adding text

Don't sweat it Tom. I'm not a greaser, but, there are plenty of them here and they are GOOD at what they do.

Most of them Vets in the trade who can steer you in the right direction with gear.

Lots of good vendors as well.

There's a fella on here that has good foamers plans that alot of foks swear by.

Lots of good info here Tom.

Nice website by the way Tom.

Do I get the free air conditioner for mentioning this, or is there more to it? lol.

LOL little more to it. You have to refer 6 people and they must get A/C installed. Then you get a free A/C. I also give $100 cash for any referral that turns into an A/C install. I have had a lot of success with my referral incentive. Thanks for the website compliment!