Sign in to follow this  
John T

Standing room only at the PWNA Convention and other pictures.

The PWNA Convention was a resounding success. In some cases there was standing room only. Considering the economic downturn this country is having many were excited to see how many showed up at the PWNA Convention. In some cases they could have used larger rooms.

After seeing how this worked out there next years show will be a much larger success. My wife may green light me to take an active role within the PWNA for next year since all my Union ties will be coming to an end in one world..... but I can take some of that what I learned and bring it in to a national Powerwashing organization which would work for my company and many others due to not only thru networking but the endless marketing capabilities a solid National Powerwashing not for profit org can bring. Vendors will also want to get in on this more since there will be much more excitement added and many more people attending. To brand your company with a national Not for profit org. that is starting to operate on all cylinders will give you added success thru there Conventions and Roundtables that they participate in.

There were many people that recieved certifications at the PWNA Convention and once again with a Not for Profit org the PWNA standing behind there standards that is a huge Marketing tool for your company and these days everything counts. They have alot more coming out about those certifications that many I talked to where excited by that.

(Remember this is about sharing an experience. If you want to discuss that there is no problems with that but please keep it professional so we don't have to moderate to death here. If you just don't like what this or any other organization stand for then take that elsewhere or in the clubhouse since we are trying to only pass some good information.)

Considering that the PWNA is a not for profit org. you have some nice tax breaks that go along with non profits.

Why fatten a competitors pockets when you can enrich a National organization such as the PWNA where most of the profits will go back to benefit there members.

From what I was told due to the Certifications that were being done with the IKECA organization at the same time the PWNA would have had at least another 70 more attendees. Unbelievable!!!

Many of us are still excited about how well this convention went and that they didn't lose money but instead made a very reasonable amount of profit so it can go back to the membership benefits--Very impressive!!!

The PWNA has definitely turned the corner for sure.

Edited by John T
uploading pictures

Some more exciting photos. It felt so good to be around so many people that just believe that we all can help each other... I love that.

Joe Walters the MC and always the Consummate professional. Robert Hinderliter up on the podium.. just a true inspiration. Just you can see it in there eyes all the happiness that was there. The first 2 pics are of My wife Kathy, Me, Andy Tosetti and Linda Ruth Tosetti. They were so excited to be a part of this.

Jackie who saved the day and worked so diligently in getting this convention together. She was a godsend and I think many would agree. To the popular classes that filled up the room..everywhere you looked you see a Convention well thought out and put together. It was aces.

The Trade show was solid...and I'd be willing to bet that next year its going to be twice as large. You remember you heard that here first:)

The Demo's and the rigs were awesome...Hey look who popped in and old familiar face.. who has keeps on keeping on.

Edited by Beth n Rod

Jackie looks great , did she bring the little one John ?

Everett looked good also, the event was good stuff I heard.

There's always next year!!

Tampa I believe a cruise?

Ron ********** text me 480-5225227 ???Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah Oh...The Moment of truth...it was a breeze and a pleasure. I introduce Linda and she talks about her family and her mother. Then her and I give out some plaques with the first one going to Eric Clark The PWNA President.. and along the way I tell the crowd why I did what I did.. I think everyone there got it. Most plaque recipients since they weren't PWNA members and whatever deal they were offered... they didn't show up. They missed a great time but they still received there plaques free of charge via mail... So it was all good.

Dan Galvin getting a plaque.... and now the special ones Tom and Barbara Vogel, Henry Bockman, and Paul Horsley. Also in the category of these special Plaques were Beth/Rod and John and Shelly Allison from Envirospec who they couldn't make it because of prior commitments.

Now the most prize Plaques in the Industry to these two guy who I have the utmost respect for---Joe Walters and Robert Hinderliter. There great and nothing else needs to be said about those two.

Now the most prized Plaques to Linda Ruth coming from congress member Steve Israel and a very powerful ex Senator Alphonse Damato acknowledging her for all she has done in spreading the humanitarian side of one of our largerst American Icons ever her Grandfather Babe Ruth and they also acknowledge her for recognizing the good that some of the powerwashers do in this industry by mentioning our trade in her signed letters of Recognition. Linda was so caught off Guard with this that she came prepared.... and that's for the next post.

And now once again for a Linda and her husband Andy hitting one out of the park with these custom made bats signed in gold for Joe, Robert and most surprising was they signed one for me and the one who deserves this the most especially what happened after the Convention.. my sweetheart Kathy.

I always said Linda and her Husband Andy are ace and they love what we do...there special people who just a handful of times in my life I have met people this special.

There were some more people there that received the plaques but it took me forever to re-sized this pics but they know who they are.

The rest of the Convention went as well also with some great prizes being won...and some special things that happened.

This was one truly excellent trade show that was so much fun to attend and when you look around the pics and see all the true good feelings the people at the show had... I only wish more of you could have made it... Put next year on your calender because that show is going to take Powerwashing Conventions to the next level.

PWNA is where I am heading.....today.

Ron you missed one good show that was inspirational to boot. I couldn't convince you of this but you missed some great times and also the ride....

Come next year. I'm debating on bringing one of my famous customers if I can think how she can help the Powerwashers and now in this case the PWNA... She would be a great spoke person because she still looks great.... She was a famous Super Model... and if you Listen to Howard Stern you know who she is...I don't even listen to Howard but then again she is my customer.... CAROL ALT... Age has been great to her:)

Ron you missed one good show that was inspirational to boot. I couldn't convince you of this but you missed some great times and also the ride....

Come next year. I'm debating on bringing one of my famous customers if I can think how she can help the Powerwashers and now in this case the PWNA... She would be a great spoke person because she still looks great.... She was a famous Super Model... and if you Listen to Howard Stern you know who she is...I don't even listen to Howard but then again she is my customer.... CAROL ALT... Age has been great to her:)

John nothing could pull me away, my Caedy turned four. 48d0f26c-a702-61c4.jpg

I don't think I'll make it next year. It's a cruise. Boats and me don't work well.

Glad you guys had a great time!!

Ron ********** text me 480-5225227 ???Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ron Musgraves

Hey Ron.. The convention most likely is going to be first then it may end up to a cruise. Not sure.. Convention committee's take awhile to get there plans set in stone.. Wait to see what there plans are..

Hey Ron.. The convention most likely is going to be first then it may end up to a cruise. Not sure.. Convention committee's take awhile to get there plans set in stone.. Wait to see what there plans are..

You mean wait till Daryl chooses the spot. Daryl has selected the last four years. I sure hope someone else like a committee selects a place. I heard this year was better but the last three years really was horrible.

I vote no on a cruise, don't want to be stuck on a ship with Powerwashers. Not my idea of a great time. Beside going on a norway cruise next sept. (taking one of my many wives) maybe all of them.

I'm happy you guys had a good time and the babe thing worked out.

John please get me Linda's contact info I have something I want to send her. Pls email or text me.

Who won the skid and joe walters award?

Ron ********** text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

Hey Ron.. It's not what you think. Did Daryl throw the PWNA a bone by helping them the last few years with locations?? I honestly couldn't tell ya because I had zero involvement. He very well may have.. Hey more power to him if he did because there were some tough years for sure. I was wrapped up in trying to help the ***** succeed and to this day I will say there Convention was very good. Some of us overshot with things back then and I take some blame in that because of the way it was handled afterwords.

This is what happens when in the ***** many of us were spread to thin. We have lives to get back to and at least for me and the guess here probably the same thing for some others you saw what you did. Ask me 10 yrs from now I will say the same thing the ***** should have worked. Where it goes today.. I wish them luck but like you said to me for many years I can never pick sides.. I need to be liked by everybody.

Well..... I'm getting older and my time is going to start freeing up soon. If my Powerwashing company only was to make a hundred grand more a year then it does now in the next bunch of years... I am OK with that. My little system works for me and my family...

So back with the PWNA. There rock solid now at there membership size. They trimmed all the fat... Like a smart business would. No Delusions of grandure like the old days where we would have a $35 a person dinner included in there convention fee. No overspending on outside resources from what I see to get the job done.

Your giving Daryl alot of credit and some of it deserved but him and many others weren't at this convention. IKECA was at the same time. Michael Hinderliter wasn't there... Alot of the known guys weren't because they had classes to attend for there businesses and in this case it was Kitchen Exhaust cleaning. In my area there was my local parking garage association convention to sometime in the same time frame. So because where business types you go where you have to that benefits your business at this point in time.

You won't accept this Ron no matter what I say but not one guy calls the shots within the PWNA. It's a group structure atmosphere which is why I am so thankful that Eric Clark went to his Board to see if non members can come in for a certain time frame. He alone would not make that decision because it is a not for profit. There board and Eric came through but not one non member came afterwords.

Do I have regrets about that ??? Maybe but Eric and the Board took a risk... You have to give them that. So if your convinced that anynone guy runs the PWNA no one is going to change your mind. I couldn't even get you to see when I talked to you about this whole Babe Ruth thing... What the facts were.

I've been on Convention Committee's before from the PWNA and the ***** and in both cases not one guy made all the decisions. This is why I'm convinced that your best to stick with the NCE soley because you can make things happen in there on your own....just like owning a business. Your the man....

If I told you I may join the PWNA convention committee if asked and I told you how it all worked out and where it is and all that stuff.... You would forever be convinced that non profits are ran like profits.... And there not. It's a whole different ball game and a different set of rules which for me works. That way I don't feel like I'm volunteering for any one person so he can make money... I volunteer for the group or for me it doesn't work.

Caedy has a message John

lol much better then her last one:) but just as cute.

As for Linda I don't give out any info on her.. You can only imagine why.

I've been in touch with here a few times since the convention... My guys are still working with alot of end of the year residential stuff. Where exchanging insurance and business info for the potential largest contract my business has ever dealt with and late at night I relax to these boards.... And eventually I will get myself back on track with many things including passing a physical with my still not healed knee and closing out my law enforcement career(every day off since I got hurt came out of my own banked time that's running out)... But all of that is secondary to what I have this week... A funeral.

John I just wanted to thank her!

don't worry Ron many guys in the industry has thanked her including some guys from ***... So all of that is covered. She's moved on. She's most likely coming to another dinner with me in the spring... That I go to every year because it's pretty much like a party from the roaring 20's.

Nice article by the way about you guys in Allison Hester's online magazine. She is one heck of a writer. When I was reading some of here draft on the Ruth thing all I saw was she's aiming big.... And she did it.. She hit a grand slam in the bottom of the ninth.... And this story has not ended.. She'll be at bat again another day again to swing for the fences.

don't worry Ron many guys in the industry has thanked her including some guys from ***... So all of that is covered. She's moved on. She's most likely coming to another dinner with me in the spring... That I go to every year because it's pretty much like a party from the roaring 20's.

Nice article by the way about you guys in Allison Hester's online magazine. She is one heck of a writer. When I was reading some of here draft on the Ruth thing all I saw was she's aiming big.... And she did it.. She hit a grand slam in the bottom of the ninth.... And this story has not ended.. She'll be at bat again another day again to swing for the fences.

Glad you noticed we bought a wish with the help of the industry.

Please give Linda my number 480-522-5227 anyway if you could John. I want to thank her personally.

Allison is a great writer, she writes good articles. She has a Brite future in this industry.

She's been thanked by many. She doesn't know who you are but I'll pass the word another powerwasher says thankyou. Best I can do. She's a private person with a famous family heritage.

If she comes around again in this industry I'll let you know... but the guess is you may hear things about her but she has moved on. It was fun while it lasted.

I closed the thread because these are only really supposed to be information threads only. Anyone can bring there thoughts to the clubhouse section here so these threads stay for information purposes only.

Thanks