Sign in to follow this  
K.J. Pressure Washing

Some recent tile roofs.....

Question

17 answers to this question

Some of it looks a little steep but adventurous to say the least.!

Looks like the steep areas could be done from the ladder at the roofs edge,the rest can be carefully walked and sprayed.I have encountered some like that here in Florida.Nice place.

In second thought...I think the first level is walkable but may be better to still apply it from a ladder being it is probably a 7 or 8/12 pitch in my guesstimation.

Yeah that place belongs ot that gazeebo i posted it's like Fort Knox to get in the guarded gate.I'm thinking over 1 mil easy and some people have a rough life :rolleyes:

I always charge anywhere between .025 cents to .075 cents extra for tile.

But like always there are some guys that will TRY to do it for alot less.

They may require a stronger mix and a repeat spot treatment but come just as clean. Yes they are definately slippery but if all is applied in a manner as not to paint ones self into a corner so to speak, it's business as usual.

I have some pic I'll post of the local Ft.Knox.All of the siding on the house and pool house(pool house is bigger than the house we live in) came from old tobacco barns.I would love the chance at cleaning and sealing all the wood,but they'll never do it.We are bidding on some window washing and it'll be interesting to see if these people will pay the price.

That's not a bad days pay :cool:

Is there a sealer for tile roofs?

Yes there is,some people choose to have them painted also but I have yet to been asked for any roof to be sealed. Here you need a contractors license to paint but I think you can get away with a sealer job.:D

Wow how interesting that you have to have a license to be a painter.

I would think it would be a breeze to spray some clear coat sealer on those roofs.

Now in know the high $$ tiles are ceramic and i don't remember what the less expensive ones are made out of?

Does it matter for cleaning chems what they are made out of?

Where I work they are cement tiles, although alot of customers assume they are clay,or ceramic. I have yet to come across any ceramic tiles and another board member who also does alot of tile roofs said that he has only come across one home that really had a clay tile roof. Like I said they require a stonger mix to kill the fungus ,mold or algae thats up there.

Hey Ken, What do you mean by No Pressure method?

And if you don’t mind what type of Chemical are you using on the roof?

I get a few calls on asphalt shingles and I was wondering was there any other chemicals that one could try out.

Thanks DarylP.S Great job:)

No Pressure method is applying chemicals with a sure-flow or flojet pump which gives out less than 45psi and not rinsing.If rinsing is necessary,such as on a lighter colored roof,then all that is needed is a garden hose rinse down.

I am a sodium hypochlorite user(10.5%) prediluted with water, down to 4%-7%.

Do a search on my other posts for more info if needed.Thanks!:D