Sign in to follow this  
AZPowerWash

Green Chemicals with EPA # ???

Some of these green chemicals have and EPA number on them. According to the guy trying to sell these products, he claims that this number makes anything cleaned with the products safe for disposal in storm water drains. This just seems too good to be true. I have tried doing research online about it but haven't come across any information to prove or disprove it. Does anyone know anything about this?

One of the products breaks down the hydrocarbon in oil and is supposed to turn oil into water.

Edited by AZPowerWash

I seriously doubt it as the CWA clearly states no chemicals into the stormwater system.

Until they re-write the CWA to include the "supposedly safe to empty into the storm water system" with the names and numbers, I would not believe that nonsense and lies.

I would ask for it in writing where the EPA clearly states that the chemical in question can be dumped into the storm water system, that is about the point where they start back-peddling and come up with all kinds of lies and B.S. to cover their butts. I would ask where the research and studies were done that got the EPA's approval, where do they state "IN WRITING" that the EPA says you can dump this chemical into the storm water system and who you can call to verify (name of person in the EPA that approved for a chemical to be dumped into the storm water system) so you have a name on record.

Sounds like more Salesman B.S. to sell you a product. Ask for proof.