Sign in to follow this  
HighTide

Envirospec School Was Awesome!

A huge thanks to John Allison of Envirospec for putting together this month's 2-day technical school for contractors. This was, without a doubt, the most informative hands-on event yet for me! Everyone got a chance to rebuild a pump (I rebuilt both an AR and General), injectors and two kinds of unloaders to see how they work. There was a burner class to understand and troubleshoot them, an engine class for preventative maintenance put on by Greg Dupree of Kohler, and lots of demos on guns, foamers, and several different pressure washers. ANYTHING you wanted to test out was at your fingertips right at Envirospec facilities. Day Two started out by building a pressure washer from the ground up. My group's unit was an 18 hp Vanguard mounted to a skid plate, which we then attached a gear box, pump, unloader, inlet filter, and bypass line. After completion, we took them outside for us all to test out.

This class will minimize my downtime going forward as I now have a much better grasp on the maintenance of my equipment. Even two awesome lunches and a dinner were provided. Great networking and lots of great tips learned. Thanks again to John and all who attended this month's technical school.

That sounds like a great class David.

What specifically did they mention about injectors?

I have them go out and it is hard to tell if it is the ball or o-ring as the ball sticks sometimes but in most cases the spring looks good.

Chris, there were several folks in the class that have never downstreamed before so we discussed how they worked, took a couple apart and changed out the internal oriface. I have always used WD-40 but was told that it will make the o-ring swell and to use white lithium grease instead.

This is the TNT mini-skid that we built on day two. I got really attached to this unit with it's PA gear drive and the new Quantum Z unloader (flow type that acts like a pressure type) that I brought it home with me with a great "show special" price. Thanks again Envirospec!!

post-5332-137772409598_thumb.jpg

post-5332-137772409623_thumb.jpg