Sign in to follow this  
jgautreau

Just Getting Started

Question

Hey guys! I am looking to get into this business part-time and I already have some great leads on commercial work as well as great marketing ideas, thanks to this site. I have $3,750 to start my business, I want a hot water washer rig(4-5gpm and 3K-3.5K psi at least), I don't mind buying used as this seems like all that is in my price range. Any ideas or leads? Thanks...

2 answers to this question

You're in Texas? Go visit Larry Hinckley at Delco and tell him Beth & Rod sent you. They have resonably priced equipment and offer leasing options. I wouldn't spend all you have banked on the equipment - you will have no operating capital if you do. Leasing will afford you new equipment.

Also get yourself an accountant and set up your corporate structure. Think s Corp, C Corp, or LLC. Depending on how you set yourself up, the accountant will be able to advise you on a lease program that will allow you the best depreciation. We use the dollar buy out option for our needs. Even if this is greek to you now, it won't be to the accountant or the leasing company.