Sign in to follow this  
shine

pressure washer Help

Question

Hi everyone, I am in need of some advice. I do residental pressure washing driveways, houses, pool cages, sidewalks, and so on. I am buying a new machine and cant figure out which one to go with. some people say choose by the cleaning units and others say more GPM is better. I have 3 posible units to choose from. All 3 are 13HP and all 3 have a CAT pump and range around $1600.00. hear they are.

pressure pro 4.0GPM 4000PSI

Pressure pro 4.5GPM 3500 PSI

5.5GPM 2500PSI if i can find one for a good price

The first one has the most cleaning units.. I am stuck. Which pressure washer would some of you guys choose?

Thank you

Steve

PowerShine llc

10 answers to this question

Hi everyone, I am in need of some advice. I do residental pressure washing driveways, houses, pool cages, sidewalks, and so on. I am buying a new machine and cant figure out which one to go with. some people say choose by the cleaning units and others say more GPM is better. I have 3 posible units to choose from. All 3 are 13HP and all 3 have a CAT pump and range around $1600.00. hear they are.

pressure pro 4.0GPM 4000PSI

Pressure pro 4.5GPM 3500 PSI

5.5GPM 2500PSI if i can find one for a good price

The first one has the most cleaning units.. I am stuck. Which pressure washer would some of you guys choose?

Thank you

Steve

PowerShine llc

Besides recommending a different Powerwasher with more gpm and hot water, if I had to pick one of the above I would go with the 4.5gpm @3500psi. You can always changed the tips to lower the psi but assuming you plan on using this Powerwasher for many different types of cleaning and hot water is not affordable at this time I would want that PSI and Gpm. The psi because let's say you run anywhere from 100-500' of pressure washing hose you can figure you'll lose on average 1psi to 1 foot of hose and if you plan on cleaning some concrete and other hard surfaces you at times will need around 3000+psi.

Now if we had other choices I would look for at least 5gpm with 8-10gpm being optimal and 3000-3500 psi with either as a hot water skid or buying a hot box for it when you get more money. Hot water is extremely important in commercial Power washing.

Good luck.

For residential, you will want the higher GPM, ALWAYS. Get something in the 5.5GPM 3000 PSI range, this would be minimum. If your budget will allow, 8gpm will do nothing speed up your cleaning and rinsing time, there by making you more profitable.

For residential cleaning, IMO, GPM far out weighs PSI everyday. I use very little pressure when cleaning residential.

GPM is very important in all aspects of cleaning especially in the parking garage service but don't short yourself on the ability to have PSI as an added boost. You'll never need 3000 psi on wood restoration or roof cleaning but you can sure use it on many types of sidewalks that have a strong concrete finish.

Just get ready to buy a heat unit when you start making the money because heat is a must if you ever expand into commercial work and it also helps when doing sidewalk cleaning.

The ultimate when your day comes is the 8-10 gpm with 3500psi @ 200 degree's but that rig won't come cheap.

Also learn about chemicals so you can clean faster with very little psi such as in roof cleaning.. Go to places where you can learn about your business such as the ACR Roundtable which will have PWNA and other type classwork there to help you add to your bottom line... And the networking is priceless.

Good luck.

If you choose the 5.5 which is the one I would go for

Make sure you have proper water feed to the unit

If you are not using a water tank.

Guest Bell

I Have A Hotsy 1270SS I am selling with a Steel Eagle surface cleaner 16' trailer. let me know if interested. I used to do drive thrus, sidewalks and dumpster pads at Mcdonalds and chick-fil-a

Ok so i have $1600 for a PW. does anyone have any suggestions on what unit to buy. Cold water . I would like at least 5.0 gpm but dont think i can afford it. also would like at least 3000 psi. also what are some good places to find pressure washers for a decent price. or maybe even used

thanks

Steve

Powershine llc