Sign in to follow this  
marco

water tank

Question

hey everyone! I was just looking at a water tank, and a few questions came to mind.One of them was is it large enough? And can I mount it to the back of my truck(nissan titan). The tank is 225 gallons not sure what it was used for before but it has what looks like an aluminum cage around it. If some of you pros transport your own water can you give me some pointers please?what would be a good amount water to carry?I know it depends on the job,but any advice would help. THANKS

11 answers to this question

Marco,

It really depends on your machine and the water source. If you have a dependable water source then you wont need to transport much water. If you have a bigger (8gpm machine) then you will need more water, etc...

If you have a machine thats less then 5gpm then you can probably hook directly up to a house. But you will be much longer doing the jobs.

Be careful of houses on wells.

I ave a 325 gallon water tank on a double axel trailer, the 325 is really over kill

The 225 gallon tank your thinking of is plenty for your machine IMOA.

I think I read somewhere that's I gallon of water is 8 pounds, don't quote me on that though.

If your putting this in the back of your pick up you had better figure out your maximum weight for your truck.

Also you really can get away without the tank and just use the customers faucet for water supply

Unless you plan on doing jobs with no water supply. It's not worth the punishment your vehicle will take

Not to mention the extra gas needed to pull the weight

Marco get you a 65 gallon leg tank from Tractor supply,Agri-supply,Northern tool thats all you need for your machine if you are washing houses.

no Marco, 65 gallons will not wash a house. The purpose of using a tank that small would be to be used as a buffer tank. when the water source is producing less than your output (4.2 Gallons) it makes up the difference. when you are not pulling the trigger it catches up.

no Marco, 65 gallons will not wash a house. The purpose of using a tank that small would be to be used as a buffer tank. when the water source is producing less than your output (4.2 Gallons) it makes up the difference. when you are not pulling the trigger it catches up.
Thanks Tim,thats what I would of said.