Sign in to follow this  
Apple Roof Cleaning

Pray For Texas

Question

I wonder if The Hinderliters of Powerwash.com (Delco) are ok ?

[h=1]Tornadoes cause massive damage across Dallas, Fort Worth and North Texas[/h]By The Dallas Local | Local Dallas – 1 hr 13 mins ago

(Updated at 3:45 p.m. CT)

By Jason Sickles, Yahoo! Dallas Editor

At least two large twisters rumbled across the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area Tuesday afternoon, crushing homes, flipping trucks and sending thousands of North Texans scrambling to take cover.

More tornadoes were possible, but not immediately confirmed by the National Weather Service. Storms also produced heavy rain, lightning and hail as the band of extreme weather swept across the area.

By 3:45 p.m. CT, most of the warnings were focused north and east of Dallas. Tornadoes were spotted on the ground in at least seven counties, with the most recent report at 3:40 p.m. CT in Kaufman and Hopkins counties east of Dallas.

"Oh no! Oh no!" a storm spotter in Forney (25 miles east of Dallas) told CBS 11 during a live broadcast. "Oh my goodness. I can see the homes just being torn apart."

Some minor injuries were reported, but an exact number is not yet known.

At one point, the National Weather Service declared counties in Dallas-Fort Worth to be under a "tornado emergency."

Sirens blared across downtown Dallas and Fort Worth, schools huddled children in hallways and passengers at DFW International Airport were rushed to safe areas during the height of the storm.

"This is as serious of a tornado we've seen in years," said CBS 11 meteorologist Larry Mowry.

1 answer to this question