Sign in to follow this  
COACHS

Tank and pressure washer plumbing suggestions

I just got my new Allison 5.6gpm skid mount pressure washer. I have a couple of questions on plumbing...

1. The skid's water inlet is 16 inches off the trailer floor and my 550 gallon tank's outlet is near the floor. I am feeding the pw with 1 1/4 inch tubing just to make sure there is plenty of water to the unit. Is this going to be ok with the hose rising up about 15 inches from the tank up to the inlet on the pw? Or do I need to put another bulkhead fitting higher up on the tank so the hose is not going up so much...maybe closer to being level with the pw's inlet ?

2. Should I put a three way valve on the 1 1/4 inch hose that goes from the tank to the pw so that I have a dump capability or should I have a separate bulkhead fitting exiting from the tank for a dump?

thanks a lot

If the water level in the tank is higher than the inlet on your pw the water will flow to it. The only time this would be an issue is when you first start the pw. If the tank level is not higher than the inlet you may not be able to prime the pump. Once the pump is running the level shouldn't be an issue.

You can go either way with the dump line mine is right in the line.

My units inlet is higher then the tanks outlet and i have no issues with it drawing from the tank...gravity is your friend and as long as there is water in the tank and gravity it will flow.

Marko

Edited by cleanhoods

I have a ball tee exiting the tank 1 1/2 on going to the pressure washer and one going to my other tank( one tank is supply the other is antifreeze during the winter, just have one tank open at a time) with a ball valve on both tanks at the tee. right past the tee I have a water filter, make sure you use good suction hose as it will collapse normal hose.