Sign in to follow this  
RyanH

Make-shift sprayer in an emergency

Like many folks here with a ShurFlo setup, my setup is made by clamping hoses together as opposed to quick connect fittings. So, what happens when your application wand breaks and you don't have an extra and you don't want to leave the site for another?

Fortunately I have a few extra high-pressure lances in my trailer. The only problem is they have larger quick-connect fittings that aren't easily adaptable to the hose I use for the shurflo. BUT, cutting a 1/3" notch in the hose at the end, heating it (either with hot water or, in my case, exhaust from the engine) to make it more pliable, and cramming the hell out of the getup, you can squeeze the QC fitting into the hose. Use a hose clamp to keep it in place and a green tip (not sure the the # equivalent of that is) and the makeshift lance works pretty well. I used it with my extension pole and it was adequate to apply my gutter cleaner to the second floor gutters at low pressure (so as not to waste the stuff on the rest of the house). Just flush out the lance afterwards so as not to damage the higher quality seals.

And the adage "If it don't fit, don't force it" doesn't apply here.......

Not a bad idea, I wouldn't have even thought of that. Fortunately I carry an extra (purchased at Orschlens for about 12.99) which works better than the one that came with my dolly shurflo unit. Nick

I tried to find a replacement for the nice brass extension I had...nobody had anything close. There's a big Northern Tool about 40 miles from here I may try...the smaller store nearby doesn't carry them anymore.