Sign in to follow this  
Chad A

PW and Surface Cleaner issue

Today while doing a job I thought my Landa Water Jet gave out I did buy it used but still only a year or so old.

Heres the problem.

While doing the job the pressure just stopped.

Went to to the PW and checked everything and everything seemed normal.

No air in lanes good flow of water.

So I took the gun off the side and put in a 5.5 25 degree nozzle and my pressure was there.

So I hook the gun back up to the surface cleaner and then it started spinning spraying for about a sec. then pressure just stopped again.

So I broke out old old faithful Northstar 20" and it did the same thing.

Any ideas on where to start looking.

Thanks

Chad

Could be a dodgy unloader, along with some sort of restriction in the spray bar. Unloader sense's there's too much pressure in the system & dumps it back into, I assume your tank.

I have check the spray bars and nothing in those it happen on 2 different surface cleaners.

If it is in did to much pressure Icould back down the unloader and lower the pressure. K7 Unloader

but this would be only a temp fix. Is there a suggestion to where to start looking on the unloader.

And Again thanks for the help.

Replace the unloader, Dont even mess with it, Repair kits are almost as much as a new unloader, and not worth the time to repair. We have not been having any luck with the K7 latley, And after talking to Russ, When this last one I put on dies I am going to change to the ZK1. Now on to your spray bar, The nozzles may look like they are working right and spraying, but if they have anything in them the hole will be a bit smaller raise the pressure and the unloader will react like it has to much pressure and unload. Unless you change out the spray tips with new, A real cheap fix, only a couple of bucks each, You wont know for sure. If your unloader is working right with just a spray tip in the wand most likely your surface cleaner tips are bad / partly plugged. You need to change out surface cleaner tips more often then wand tips. Depending on your tip size they are only 1/2 to 1/3 the size of your wand tip and wear out sooner.

Check all of your O-Rings and make sure they're still in tact. Then take the spray tips out and make sure there is no debris in them. If there is something in one of the spray tips it won't let the bar spin or it will make it vibrate violently. If there is something lodged in one of the spray tips DO NOT stick anything in there bc you will mess the spray pattern up eventually. Just tap the threaded side on a flat surface and let the debris break free on their own. Make sure you flush out the swivel and the bar really well before putting the spray tips back in. When you thinks it's been flushed enough, do it again, lol. I also run a filter just before the swivel and that seems to help a lot. If none of that works, your pressure may be set to high for that surface cleaner.

Divide your flow (GPM) by the number of nozzles on the SC'er (I assume 2). If you have a 5.5 GPM machine then you would look at a nozzle chart http://www.pressurewashoutlet.com/files/NozzleChart.pdf and find the 2.5 GPM line, run your finger over it to the desired pressure, and that is the size of both nozzles. (i.e. 5.5 / 2 = 2.75 [use 2.5 line] so 3000 PSI uses size 3.0 nozzles.

Yes, first check your tips for blockage. Also, examime your surface cleaner and see if it has an inline filter. If so, it could be clogged with debris.