Sign in to follow this  
John T

A "Non profit 501c3 org and a "For profit Association"??????

Question

1-What do you see the benefits are by joining a "A Not for profit 501c3 org" Can be for your business?

2-What do you see the benefits are by joining a "For Profit Association" for your business??

I belong to both the PWNA which is a 501c3 non profit organization and the PWRA which is a profit association. Yesterday a friend in the industry called and we chatted about a few things things industry related and he knows I joined the new "PWRA" and he asked what's the benefit to a guy like myself in joining them.

The easy answer is and I could give a few, is that I can purchased some marketing pieces such as postcards at a tremendous discount rate that one of the owners of the PWRA gets who purchases over a Million pieces. So to just get the same rate he does probably will save my membership fee alone and don't forget my fee is also a tax write off.

The PWNA I received work and valuable networking connections along with some valuable class work and priceless memories that I can take with me..

So for me these two work....because I work them. I haven't worked my local parking garage association and my ***** membership I terminated it because for me it wasn't working at this time.. After I terminated my membership there I called there president and he said there really not ready for new membership yet so maybe I'll look at that again when the time is right.

So wants some other thoughts about joining "non profits and for profits" as it pertains to your business???

29 answers to this question

I met Paul at one of the Conventions I worked on with a few others back in 2009. I deal with so many different distributors that I only bought a few things from Paul but he always came thru when I needed something. He's good people.

John Could I get a Couple digital Copies or a few of those photos?

You should have been to this Convention. I wish we could take back what happened afterwords. To this day the biggest disappointment of my volunteering roles within the industry. I'm still doing things for this Industry as some know that doesnt involve any of the other stuff thats in the main stream and it has nothing to do with Ruth or orgs or events that I am all involved in. This one here though was a great beginning with a terrible ending which all in all was bittersweet with mostly fond memories.