Sign in to follow this  
marco

first surface cleaner

Question

I am looking to buy my first surface cleaner.It doesn't matter if it's used or new. Does anyone have any suggestions?I was thinking maybe E bay. It doesn't have to clean a large surface,I just want a good surface cleaner at a fair price.What are some brand names I should look for? Thank you for leading me in the right direction. my machine puts out 4.2 gpm 4000 psi

11 answers to this question

I would go with a 16" unit up to 19" (classic), Whisper Wash has some great surface cleaners. I would not go larger as you need to have more gpm's for a larger surface cleaner.

Mosmatic, Steel Eagle are also great brands.

There are great vendors out there to help you out, some of them post here and on the other sites. You should be able to get one for under $650 online (new), used you can find them for under $300 plus shipping but the swivel might be in bad shape and a new one (depending on the brand) can be anywhere from $189 to $500 more or less or you can have it rebuilt for $125 to $300 (depending on the brand and who rebuilds it).

Edited by Christopher

I have a Whisper Wash 16 Ultra Clean and love it.

Whisper Wash Ultra Clean Floater- 16"

You need to make sure you match the size of the surface cleaner to your machine. It will do you no good if you get a monster cleaner that is too big for your machine. I once saw a document that showed proper size machines for different GPMs but for the life of me I cannot find it now. I am sure some of the veterans here know the info.

I have a Whisper Wash 16 Ultra Clean and love it.

Whisper Wash Ultra Clean Floater- 16"

You need to make sure you match the size of the surface cleaner to your machine. It will do you no good if you get a monster cleaner that is too big for your machine. I once saw a document that showed proper size machines for different GPMs but for the life of me I cannot find it now. I am sure some of the veterans here know the info.[/QUOTt

thank you everyone for the info.

Agree that the Whisper Wash is all you need. You will need to size your tips according to your machine. I have an 8 GPM machine and use 4 , 2 GPM tips. My cleaner will clean as fast as you care to walk.