Sign in to follow this  
marco

pressure washer burner

I would like to purchase a burner one of these days.I really cannot spend thousands of dollars on one.Is it possible to try and build one, or is that a crazy Idea? From the research I have done,It seems hot water is best to use when cleaning concrete etc. If it seems like a silly idea to build one where could I purchase one for a reasonable price?

Please forgive me Marco, crazy idea?...No, Insane would be more appropriate.

You can find them used or buy one new or pick up a hot water skid this winter. If price is a problem then A..you need to raise your prices....B...You need more business...or C...You don't need one in the first place.

I don't understand a few thousand dollars getting in the way of making several thousand dollars many times over.

Not trying to be an A-Hole Buddy, but your logic makes no sense what so ever.

To build one by buying parts would be way more expensive, not including all the additional shipping charges.

Then you have the issue of tuning it, this can be a real pain if you don't know what you are doing, especially if you have the fuel nozzle sized wrong.

Not even counting if some parts are not working correctly right out of the box, more than likely you will have to take it in to the local shop and pay their wages for diagnosing the problem, maybe from $65 to $90 per hour and they will probably take their time on it, when they can get to it (equipment they sell locally will always get worked on first, way in front of stuff not bought from them).

There are other issues but this should get you thinking in the right direction, buy one already made and preferably working so you can see it working so there is no chance of needing repairs once you get it home.

If you really need a hot box, I would stay with a reputable brand, search the bbs's for issues with brands and that will help you choose.

Good luck.

you're right I shouldn't let money get in my way.I would prefer a slightly used machine but did not have much luck .Do you guys know of any web sites that sell used burners. If not which site offers good prices.

Thank you guys for the advice! If you have any questions related to concrete or drywall just ask.