Sign in to follow this  
marco

pressure gauge

I want to put a pressure gauge on my machine,but I am not to sure where to put it.Can someone maybe show me a picture of one mounted?I also wanted to know the main reason for installing a ball valve near the gun.THANKS!

If you want a gauge get one with quick connects so you can just snap it in check your pressure and put it back in the toolbox.If you install one permanetly it will not last long,that the experence I have had with them.On the ball valve at the end of your pressure hose,most of us do this so you can switch between your gun and surface cleaner without having to stop the machine.Softwashing and downstreaming on a big job I just use the ball valve and quick connect my J-rod with the tip I need and wash away.

My skid unit machine has the pressure gauge mounted on the control panel. If you have a portable, I think Tony is right.

AS for a ball valve, I haven't used mine since I switched my surface cleaner over to a quick connect. It now becomes

another attachment and I use the same gun.

If you want a gauge get one with quick connects so you can just snap it in check your pressure and put it back in the toolbox.If you install one permanetly it will not last long,that the experence I have had with them.On the ball valve at the end of your pressure hose,most of us do this so you can switch between your gun and surface cleaner without having to stop the machine.Softwashing and downstreaming on a big job I just use the ball valve and quick connect my J-rod with the tip I need and wash away.

Absolutely Correct Tony! We have QC's for psi gauges at the machine and ball valve at the end of the hose. Correct or near correct readings will be at the machine, the truest reading will be at the gun which after running through 200' of hose will be lower than readings at the machine.

Ball valves at the end of your hose make it easier to switch guns, surface cleaners or use to rinse with, without turning your machine off.......just another time saver.

We use temperature and pressure test kits for temporary readout.

However, for a permanent solution we use them at the hose reels. Reason for this is because the wand can get heavy after 3+ hours of extreme use. Having at the hose reel is quick and simple. Also lets use know how hot the hose is before we roll it. This prevents possible hose reel expansion issues.

Here is our temp gauge at the reel.

Having a ball valve on the end of the hose near the gun helps you switch between cleaning tools like the surface cleaner, wand, extend-a-wand, etc..... so you don't have to shut down the pressure washer to change out tools.

A good place to put the pressure gauge is before the unloader but after the pump, it can be threaded to the inlet side of the unloader so you can adjust the unloader when replacing it or when you have to change the spike pressure or just to keep an eye on the pressure so you know when the seals are starting to wear. This will be the pressure of the pump at the pump, at the end of the hose will be somewhat different as there is pressure loss because of hose length, hose diameter and other restrictions.

Well after watching that video, someone is a fan of gay disco music, & what does it have to do with the question that was asked regarding a pressure gauge, & where to mount it?

I have found the best gauge is one used on farm equipment for hydraulic systems. But, none last very long. I have thought about used a hydraulic quick connector, but never got around to it.

Jim, how do you get water to 300 °F? I think that would make cleaning hood easier and faster.

Well after watching that video, someone is a fan of gay disco music, & what does it have to do with the question that was asked regarding a pressure gauge, & where to mount it?

Micky?

I was showing the gauge about 1:40 into the video. This gauge is by the reels and I believe is the best secure area to mount a gauge.

As far as the jab at the music comment, its not disco, but I am showing my age with the late 80's stuff I agree.

I don't know, I just like the 70's and 80's music along with the Beatles. Nothing wrong with that... right?

But on a professional note:

Since most of the clientèl that I do business with graduated from their Pack 10 Schools in the 70's and 80's, they seem to relate to those times as well. Executive's I do business with still talk to their classmates from their Universities. These executives have classmates who are executives in other business as well. I remember being in this executives office when he called his friend about our videos. I heard him on speaker phone saying.. "John, You remember that song? We use to play that all night in our dorms. "

The last thing you want to play is some music that your clients cannot relate to or they get offended by.

If that means they like Disco, then I will play Disco and learn to like it. Its that simple.

My clientèl likes the 70's and 80's and Country. I get compliments all the time from them watching our video's reminding them of good times in relations to our videos...and thats who counts.... the ones who put money in my pocket.

If we have that Event that Ron mentioned in March, Marketing to your client will be one subject that will be covered.

I have found the best gauge is one used on farm equipment for hydraulic systems. But, none last very long. I have thought about used a hydraulic quick connector, but never got around to it.

Jim, how do you get water to 300 °F? I think that would make cleaning hood easier and faster.

I think I already told you before in a previous thead or lots of threads/ posts.

I do not know what you really want to know other than what has already been written time and time again in my posts.

If you are at a loss or can't find it in the posts that I have written, call me. I will be happy to help you.

510-612-0437