Sign in to follow this  
Jim Gamble

PWNA was ask to make another presentation at the MS4 Conference Regional 6

Just in:

PWNA was requested to attended the MS4 Regional Event to help our fellow contractors in Region 6. Fort Worth, Houston and other cities was there in force. Heads of Depts. was in attendance. A new stricter issue for our industry was being considered. Robert and I feared the worse.

Robert Hinderliter was able to provide to them years of research and Lab results of our industries washing run off. By providing this information, which was back up by boxes and boxes of cold hard facts and lab results, Robert Hinderliter was able to reverse their motives of increasing current restrictions to the states, county and cities. Head officials from such cities and counties as Houston and Dallas was present as well as State and County officials. They finally all agreed with the PWNA that further restrictions are not necessary at this time. This is a great win for our industry and a great win for the pressure washers who operate in Region 6.

I myself is scheduled for several conferences for the Bay Area, Los Angeles and the surrounding area as well. The costs for these meetings that Robert and I attend comes from our own pockets and we are not comp for any costs such as hotels, food, rental cars or airfare etc. by the PWNA or any other source.

The purpose for these conferences, ( Conferences meaning more than 40 and less than 2,200 in attendance) are to work with the "EPA Agencies of enforcement" on the issues that strike at the heart of our industry. To give a clear voice for our industry to the agencies who police us daily. Because of Roberts reputation over the years for the industry, Robert was requested to share the views of our industry as a whole. This speaks Volumes !!!

Regional 6 includes: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

If you would like more information about what’s coming out in the (2nd) 5 year plan for the states, please submit your request to the PWNA and ask for Robert Hinderliter. Since it seems that our attempts of verbal communication gets twisted at times though no one’s fault, we have decided to ask you to make your requests on this subject in writing. We hope that this action will promote "A clear voice of understand" on the subject.

Thank You.

Jim, do you have an email address for the pwna or for whoever can get that info?

Non-pwna members like myself do not have that info to get in touch with the pwna.

Since you are saying to get in touch with the pwna for information about this, can you post their physical and email address to help those that are not members, I am sure people out there would like to know more about this besides myself.

Can you post that address or email address here so it can help a lot of other people that are not pwna members?

Thanks.

Jim, do you have an email address for the pwna or for whoever can get that info?

Non-pwna members like myself do not have that info to get in touch with the pwna.

Since you are saying to get in touch with the pwna for information about this, can you post their physical and email address to help those that are not members, I am sure people out there would like to know more about this besides myself.

Can you post that address or email address here so it can help a lot of other people that are not pwna members?

Thanks.

I thought you had the PWNA Email address already.

Here you go

info@pwna.org.

Just in:

PWNA was requested to attended the MS4 Regional Event to help our fellow contractors in Region 6. Fort Worth, Houston and other cities was there in force. Heads of Depts. was in attendance. A new stricter issue for our industry was being considered. Robert and I feared the worse.

Robert Hinderliter was able to provide to them years of research and Lab results of our industries washing run off. By providing this information, which was back up by boxes and boxes of cold hard facts and lab results, Robert Hinderliter was able to reverse their motives of increasing current restrictions to the states, county and cities. Head officials from such cities and counties as Houston and Dallas was present as well as State and County officials. They finally all agreed with the PWNA that further restrictions are not necessary at this time. This is a great win for our industry and a great win for the pressure washers who operate in Region 6.

I myself is scheduled for several conferences for the Bay Area, Los Angeles and the surrounding area as well. The costs for these meetings that Robert and I attend comes from our own pockets and we are not comp for any costs such as hotels, food, rental cars or airfare etc. by the PWNA or any other source.

The purpose for these conferences, ( Conferences meaning more than 40 and less than 2,200 in attendance) are to work with the "EPA Agencies of enforcement" on the issues that strike at the heart of our industry. To give a clear voice for our industry to the agencies who police us daily. Because of Roberts reputation over the years for the industry, Robert was requested to share the views of our industry as a whole. This speaks Volumes !!!

Regional 6 includes: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

If you would like more information about what’s coming out in the (2nd) 5 year plan for the states, please submit your request to the PWNA and ask for Robert Hinderliter. Since it seems that our attempts of verbal communication gets twisted at times though no one’s fault, we have decided to ask you to make your requests on this subject in writing. We hope that this action will promote "A clear voice of understand" on the subject.

Thank You.

Is this about garage cleaning or commercial/residential washing. Can anyone attend these meetings Jim?

This meeting already happened Carlos. They ask the PWNA to attend. I do not know if the ***** was asked.

Robert provided his time and boxes of research to make a case to help our fellow contractors in region.

I have no evidence that Houston or Region 6 is or is not going to continue, trying to put regs on our Industry in the near future. All I know is that, for now, the PWNA has stopped them from actively considering to apply any new regs and/ or restrictions at this time.

A big Thank You should go out to Robert and Micheal Hinderliter for their continue efforts in this matter with Region 6... which includes Houston.

Is this about garage cleaning or commercial/residential washing. Can anyone attend these meetings Jim?

Sorry Carlos, did not see the red outline. I assume you are talking about N. California.

I have been asked to talk about Parking Garage Cleaning and Filtration.

As you know Carlos, the City of Concord makes you filter the water when cleaning sidewalks even though you use no soap. I am AGAINST this.I believe that washing with a pressure washer is the best way to go for the environment, again that is, if NO soap or chemicals are used.

However, if you are cleaning a drive thru, or gas stations, then filtration should be used regardless whether soap is used or not.

Carlos, yes anyone can attend these....we considered going but felt at this time, with the relationships and progress we have made here in Houston, it was not really necessary.

Sorry Carlos, did not see the red outline. I assume you are talking about N. California.

I have been asked to talk about Parking Garage Cleaning and Filtration.

As you know Carlos, the City of Concord makes you filter the water when cleaning sidewalks even though you use no soap. I am AGAINST this.I believe that washing with a pressure washer is the best way to go for the environment, again that is, if NO soap or chemicals are used.

However, if you are cleaning a drive thru, or gas stations, then filtration should be used regardless whether soap is used or not.

The City of Concord is an interesting animal....I reclaim now but will be filtering soon. Funny how Coco county seems to have less requirements these days vs. cities that are actually in the County. If I have questions at that county level..I know who to call. We are vendor for them and have done building washes and flatwork for them.

One correction on that statement Jim. If you are doing drive thrus or gas stations and have a sewer drain (car wash) you can discharge directly into that without filtration.

Carlos, yes anyone can attend these....we considered going but felt at this time, with the relationships and progress we have made here in Houston, it was not really necessary.

Thanks Doug. I just wished I knew that there was a meeting in my neck of the woods vs. learning about it afterwards.

It would be nice if these kind of meetings would be announced so people that would like to attend could, not everyone knows about them but I am sure that people out there would like to know about them so they can decide if they can attend them, it only helps the pressure washing industry and community if we work together.

This one obviously was known about in advance but not mentioned on the bbs's that I know of.

I would like to attend some of these sometimes, If I know about them.

The City of Concord is an interesting animal....I reclaim now but will be filtering soon. Funny how Coco county seems to have less requirements these days vs. cities that are actually in the County. If I have questions at that county level..I know who to call. We are vendor for them and have done building washes and flatwork for them.

One correction on that statement Jim. If you are doing drive thrus or gas stations and have a sewer drain (car wash) you can discharge directly into that without filtration.

That depends on the POTW. Check with them if your discharge meets their requirements.

In this case Doug, I believe your statement is not correct. You had to be invited at this level. I believe only Robert Hinderliter and the PWNA was the only ORG that was invited at that time.

Thanks Doug. I just wished I knew that there was a meeting in my neck of the woods vs. learning about it afterwards.

No problem Carlos. They are open to the public, and anyone can attend. You can go to the EPA SITE and sign up for their email alerts. You'll get alerts for all types of things that you choose too.

It would be nice if these kind of meetings would be announced so people that would like to attend could, not everyone knows about them but I am sure that people out there would like to know about them so they can decide if they can attend them, it only helps the pressure washing industry and community if we work together.

This one obviously was known about in advance but not mentioned on the bbs's that I know of.

I would like to attend some of these sometimes, If I know about them.

Chris, you are right, while I knew about this conference, and had discussed attending with Ron, and later we decided we really did not need too, I should have posted in case anyone else wanted to attend. I will try to do a better job of keeping ALL contractors apprised of these type conferences and seminars.

Thanks for posting that link Doug, that is very informative and mentions a lot.

Here is from that page from the link you posted:

Who Should Attend?

This conference is recommended for stormwater professionals including permittees, owners, operators, contractors, consultants, engineers, regulators, and etc. of stormwater systems.

I am guessing that this means that contractors like us can attend? Or am I missing something here? It looks like contractors can attend but please let me know if I am wrong or mistaken.

Thanks a lot Doug for posting that link.

Ie

Who Should Attend?

This conference is recommended for stormwater professionals including permittees, owners, operators, contractors, consultants, engineers, regulators, and etc. of stormwater systems.

I am guessing that this means that contractors like us can attend? Or am I missing something here? It looks like contractors can attend but please let me know if I am wrong or mistaken.

Take the guess work out and call them to see if you can attend. Do like Jim Ganble did and get involve by at least calling them. Do not depend on the bulletin boards alone to guide you. If you believe everything you read Chris on thd net your business would go cerplunk.

Hey Carlos your a ***** member right? Take it up with your new VP who knew about this meeting and elected not to go or tell his membership about it. I'm not surprised by this but you seem like you are. I would suggest you call him but then again he wouldnt take the one call that was important which I needed to talk to him about when I was a ***** member. So dont hold your breath waiting for a response via phone.

Who Should Attend?

Yes Chris, anyone can attend as long as you pay the registration fee....

Hey Carlos your a ***** member right? Take it up with your new VP who knew about this meeting and elected not to go or tell his membership about it. I'm not surprised by this but you seem like you are. I would suggest you call him but then again he wouldnt take the one call that was important which I needed to talk to him about when I was a ***** member. So dont hold your breath waiting for a response via phone.

Not a member John...Haven't been one for several years!

Not a member John...Haven't been one for several years!
Don't know if I should say sorry to hear that because I thought you had a membership but I hear ya.. Not a member anymore either.

With so much time to kill... I never left:) You'll like next weeks pics. Linda who thru out the first ball for the Redsox 2 weeks ago and also got them to finally raise Babe Ruths Banner there is going to be throwing the first ball next Tuesday. This time she will out there with some family and shes doing this at Duck Stadium on Long Island. Its for a charity softball gsme with my old job vs a Charity for Autistic Children where we raised over $20,000 already.

The sweet part about this is besides helping to raise money for these kids is that my job demanded I come out of my 20yr softball retirement to catch "The first ball" and if all goes well I'm going to wear a PWNA hat to keep it in this industry as well for you guys. The guys also got me Babe Ruths number on my Jersey which was another surprise. I miss these guys.

Those Chris are all truths.

The other reason I'm back posting in these political type threads here is because theres a poster right in this thread who is typing lies about me on the net and is also telling lies about me and others wo actually do things for this industry. I wont mention his name since he goes around posting "There was a TGS poster who got away with lies about him". Nope I'm not in the business of lying and I sure wouldnt go around selling chemicals to my peers here and also say you can drink them as well.

This guy everytime he lies about me and this industry since he made it clear on a different bb hes going to call out the people he believes are spreading stories about him that may or maynot be affecting how he has more people coming From Dallas then anyone for his Schools..... Well Chris... His business whichever hat he wears today....its like someone who post here said ona different bb "He doesnt care about who they are because there business cant affect his but people should be aware of there post" something along those lines.... So thats what I'm doing. Calling a spaxe a spade.

Edited by John T