Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sopowerclean

Credit Cards

For those of you who do take credit cards, have you had any problems with chargebacks initiated by the customer? I would hate to do a large job, get paid by credit card, spend the money, and then have the customer dispute the charges for some reason ( I think they have 30 days to do this). And the bad part about it, the customer usually wins in these situations.

Smokey

I have never had a problem...

-Documentation-

This will win against any chargeback. The ones we have had are from people who were trying to do it under false pretenses (cheapskates, every neighborhood has one). We supply the CC co. with all the info and pictures showing the work was done as specified. Most often under contracted work the cc co. will suggest the customer try to work it out with the contractor because of the fact that materials have been installed and therefore the value of them is no longer the same or recoverable. Labor and taxes are not the issue.

A chargeback may be issued w/o contest if you have made the charge w/o consent, before work is begun or for any amount not agreed to in writting.

Rod!~