Sign in to follow this  
marco

gutter cleaning inside and out

Question

a landlord wants his gutters cleaned inside and out.the gutters measure 120 linear feet. It is a 2 story home.I know some contractors get about 1.00 a foot,but does that include outside of the gutters?When measuring linear feet do you guys measure down spouts? I would really appreciate any info. Thanks!

14 answers to this question

Gutters are a pain in the neck.. We do not measure downspouts - they get washed with the house.

The last gutters that we cleaned were quoted at $1.25 per story foot. For the inside. Add $1.25 per lineal foot to remove and replace gutter guards. We only offer it as an add on service.

Gutter whitening - included in our upgraded house wash package. See above for pricing.

I never understood who picked a $1.00 per foot and because I'm old and slow, I'd go broke at those prices.

P.S. I work for relatively few landlords - just sayin'.

Yeah ! they are a pain in the neck.But I could use the money.I was just wondering How to price this job.I was thinking of charging $300 to clean gutters in and out what do you guys think?

Yeah ! they are a pain in the neck.But I could use the money.I was just wondering How to price this job.I was thinking of charging $300 to clean gutters in and out what do you guys think?I was going to downstream gutter grenade on then brush the gutters.

300$ sounds about what I charge for up to a 2500 sq ft house. Gutter cleaning inside and out is one of those jobs that I really don't want to do. BUT....if they are going to pay the price i want, and they want it done right, then I do it. I have recently added on "snaking" the gutter down spouts and in ground "drain" system using a hose set up I got from Paul at powerwashstore.com. I charge a minimum $750.00 for this. Customers love it.

Marco,

I'm guessing by "snaking" he is using a jetter hose.

The problem I have with cleaning the exterior of the gutters is the chem tends to drop down on the house, then you have to rince most of the house. I clean exterior of gutters ONLY with a house wash. I tend to go an hourly rate of how long I think it is going to take me to clean the interior of gutters, 90% of mine are $150.00

Yeah ! they are a pain in the neck.But I could use the money.I was just wondering How to price this job.I was thinking of charging $300 to clean gutters in and out what do you guys think?

300 dollars for just the gutters, or is that with the siding as well?

300$ sounds about what I charge for up to a 2500 sq ft house. Gutter cleaning inside and out is one of those jobs that I really don't want to do. BUT....if they are going to pay the price i want, and they want it done right, then I do it. I have recently added on "snaking" the gutter down spouts and in ground "drain" system using a hose set up I got from Paul at powerwashstore.com. I charge a minimum $750.00 for this. Customers love it.

When you say you charge 300 dollars for up to a 2500 dollar house does that include the siding, and gutters? I have seen some contractors roll the gutters into the house cleaning, others have a seperate charge for it. I have not offered to clean the interior of gutters and downspouts yet.

I don't do gutters as an add on, we just clean the outsides along with the house. They come pretty clean with our normal practices, so we've never done that. If the customer wanted inside and out, special treatment on the gutters, then I can see where Doug is getting $750 for the whole thing.

Thanks Adam. I use Gutter Grenade and the gutters come clean pretty easy. I was wondering about the price as I roll the exterior cleaning of the gutters into my house wash price. Just trying to make sure I am not letting money walk away by not charging more.