Sign in to follow this  
desi

Windows

HI,

When you guys clean windows ( exteriors) , what do you use for the glass and the wood frame ( around window). I was thinking of windex for glass and soap , water and brush for wood frame.

your thoughts please

thanks

Wet the area. Scrub with diluted greased lightning for the trim/frame, perhaps a few squirts of bleach from a squirt bottle on the mold and mildew areas. Rinse. Wash with glass cleaner. I buy the 1 gallon window cleaner from Home Depot (made by Zep) for TINTED WINDOWS. I use this type because it is alcohol based, not ammonia. Ammonia and bleach = bad situation on your sinuses, and it rinses very well. If you don't have hard water, or have a source for deionized water (examples in the search of how to make/obtain this), you can rinse if you aren't in an area where blowing dust is a problem. Good idea to clean with a squeegee and then wipe with a towel to remove drips. Glass will sparkle and I *guarantee* you will get positive thoughts by the customer when they look out (assuming they clean the inside of the windows).