Sign in to follow this  
GreatStain

Stain Cost and Water Marks...

Question

Currently I am using Wood Defender product for staining jobs... but their product runs from $103 - $110 a 5 gallon bucket. Anyone know of a product of comperable quality but lower cost?

Also, I am having a few clients who have attempted to alter their sprinkler system spray patterns, however they are unable to keep water off the fence. Anyone know a trick or a product to apply over or with the stain to prevent premature fading / failure?

THANKS!

2 answers to this question

Currently I am using Wood Defender product for staining jobs... but their product runs from $103 - $110 a 5 gallon bucket. Anyone know of a product of comperable quality but lower cost?

Also, I am having a few clients who have attempted to alter their sprinkler system spray patterns, however they are unable to keep water off the fence. Anyone know a trick or a product to apply over or with the stain to prevent premature fading / failure?

THANKS!

Bryan,

We have been using the Baker's Gray Away from Texas Wood Products in Plano. I think their contractor price is about $97/5 + shipping but you can call Mariella and talk to her and she can send you samples if you like?

I've seen Wood Defender and I wasn't to impressed with the colors and I've had many contractors calling me with problems they were having with Wood Defender.

There is no trick to keep the sprinklers from wearing the stain off. I have the same problem here and they have to be adjusted to minimize hitting the fence.