Sign in to follow this  
DJclean

New to soft washing ...

Question

Ok so after extensive research and the ambition to expand the services I offer, I am now set up for soft washing. I however would like to list what I purchased and get your feed back and suggestions . I have a 12v 5.5 gpm everflo chem pump, a 900 cca marine battery both in battery boxes . ( I installed a 4" 12v fan in the pump box). My supply is 3/4 " poly braid with a 1" PVC pipe w/ poly mesh on the end( 12' of it) . My chem hose is 300' of 1/2 spiralite . A schedule 80 chemical wand with stainless steal quick disconnects I built all rolled up on a 18" Titan aluminum hose real with a SS manifold and a s.s super swivel. I plan on using SH with fresh wash. I also have roof snot for the steep pitch roof or low pitch with out gutters ... Tell me what you think ... Is 300 ' to long for chem hose? ... Thanks for the input

7 answers to this question

Sounds like you're all set for roof cleaning. Rarely do we see the need for more than the 200' of hose that we have on our roof hose real.

You say soft wash. Does that mean that you plan to wash a lot of dryvit or other surfaces that is/are difficult to clean by down streaming? Or are you really just referring to roof cleaning?

I'm not familiar with an everflo pump but if it's anything like the fatboy, you'll do fine.

Sounds like you're all set for roof cleaning. Rarely do we see the need for more than the 200' of hose that we have on our roof hose real.

You say soft wash. Does that mean that you plan to wash a lot of dryvit or other surfaces that is/are difficult to clean by down streaming? Or are you really just referring to roof cleaning?

I'm not familiar with an everflo pump but if it's anything like the fatboy, you'll do fine.

Soft washing roofs is what I am trying to get into.. I downstream just about everything else.. The everflo is supposed to be every bit as good a the delavan pumps ( I'll keep u updated on that). Do you thing I should cut it down to 250' on my chem hose so there is less friction loss, and less strain on the pump?

Soft washing roofs is what I am trying to get into.. I downstream just about everything else.. The everflo is supposed to be every bit as good a the delavan pumps ( I'll keep u updated on that). Do you thing I should cut it down to 250' on my chem hose so there is less friction loss, and less strain on the pump?

You're not soft washing roofs. :) You are performing a non-pressure detergent application.

My Impala is every bit as good as my wifes Deville. At least on paper.

Don't sweat the friction loss and pump strain. Just ALWAYS have a spare pump.

If you find yourself replacing the pump too often, then perhaps consider a shorter hose. And a smaller pickup tube.