Sign in to follow this  
nlantz

burner Transformer wiring

Hey guys I was trying to diagnose a burner problem on an older machine I have and found out that the non black wire to the transformer came out from a wire nut and I am having trouble trying to locate where it fell out of. Not sure if it should go to the pressure switch ?

Hey guys I was trying to diagnose a burner problem on an older machine I have and found out that the non black wire to the transformer came out from a wire nut and I am having trouble trying to locate where it fell out of. Not sure if it should go to the pressure switch ?

Is it a Beckett and is it a 12 or 115V burner?

I have a old skid that's given me fits. The burner comes on and after a few sec's it shuts off (trips the reset button) and I have to wait a few minutes before It will allow a reset.....it does it again.

It started doing periodically and the reset lasted longer but got steadily worse to the point it's unusable.

I have a old skid that's given me fits. The burner comes on and after a few sec's it shuts off (trips the reset button) and I have to wait a few minutes before It will allow a reset.....it does it again.

It started doing periodically and the reset lasted longer but got steadily worse to the point it's unusable.

first thing I would do is spin the blower by hand to see if it is free.

I got mine all figured out, it has been rigged so many times by so many people you almost need to rewire everything. Last person who had it left a wire hanging out and it pinched in half when they closed up the transformer grounding it to the machines frame. It just so happened to be the ground wire, so it never gave them a problem. it needed to join up to the pressure switch.

first thing I would do is spin the blower by hand to see if it is free.

It works fine for a few sec's....blower turns, diesel fires. I've checked fuel flow, nozzles, ran new fuel from a jug, changed thermostat, changed pressure sensor.....this one has me baffled.

It works fine for a few sec's....blower turns, diesel fires. I've checked fuel flow, nozzles, ran new fuel from a jug, changed thermostat, changed pressure sensor.....this one has me baffled.

Not sure of your exact setup, your a little vague on the details, but it sounds to me like your CAD eye is bad. When the cad eye doesn't sense a flame it will trip the reset and shut down your burner. $10 part, or it may just be covered in soot and need to be cleaned.