Sign in to follow this  
Jim Gamble

California coffers contain about $4.5 billion more than expected

Question

This just proves how fast California can raise money. California is a great state and I see so many cars from Arizona, Nevada, and some southern states. The are here because of opportunity of making money.

You can read about it here....

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may/02/local/la-me-state-budget-20130503

Google is also spending millions in new office complex...

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2013/02/exclusive-preview-googleplex

California is growing again, Housing has also gone up.

My home went from 225,000 at a all time low, to just being appraised at 420,000 in just 8 months. Our rental properties also went up accordingly.

Freeways are being upgraded from 2 lane to 8 lane, Bart is being expanded to over 25 ( +/-) miles.... over a Billion dollars have been spent in my 15 mile radius alone and 8+ Billion just for the expansion of Bart alone.

What does this mean for the country, if the 8th largest economy increases, the rest of the country will follow.

5 answers to this question

Don't count your chickens just yet, California has a long way to go before we get out of this debt and unemployment rate.

I agree...but I like that in one year, California managed to show a profit more than any other state in the union. It just shows how strong California is. If the work force was at full swing, I am sure that number would of doubled.

Highly skilled workers are coming back while lower skilled workers are leaving because they simply cannot afford the housing and cost of living. Jobs are coming back, if you have skills they want.

This is why my wife and I want to buy more housing.

We are already experiencing the up swing on housing with the ones we already own. Our Mortgage's was refinanced to 2.75% for a 15yr Fixed. Now we had to qualify for this type of triple "A" rated loan, this was not a Obama Loan. What I mean by that is this is not a Hand out loan like you read about where loans are reduced so that you will not go bankrupt or loose your home. Forgiving a second loan or reduction in your current loan that you promised to pay back in good faith....No No.... we needed 60% loan to value on all of the houses, we needed a middle credit score above 780 and we need 3 months with cash reserves set aside on all mortgage's payments and normal monthly expenses. Our debt to income ratio had to be idea as well. It is important to note again, that this is not an OBAMA loan, so no forgiveness of debt went with these loans.

Hey guys, the refinanced loans just funded today at 2.75%. Now that is finalized we was thinking about investing again....When I look the rates again today, they appeared to have went up another 3/4 of a percent.

I think they will go down in the winter, but who really knows what will happen.

Does anyone think that the rates will continue to go up. This possibly could be a sign that the economidy is recovering.

From the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/12/26/why-2013-should-be-a-good-year-for-the-u-s-economy/

Edited by Jim Gamble

I think that California is growing again.

California is building a new Bay Bridge...Almost ready to travel on...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco%E2%80%93Oakland_Bay_Bridge

Below you can see both bridges in the back-view. This was taken at my Round-table held in San Francisco. We all went on a 52 foot sailing yacht which was picked up by me. A way of saying thank you to fellow friends and contractors, both in my state and outside. The following day was for friends only.

The cruise was for all day, about 12 hours. During the sail, we stopped at AT&T Park and went to see the SF Giants behind home plate. The event for two days reached well over 15,000 dollars. What a write off....LOL

P8300517.jpg

Housing reports show housing has slow down nation wide, but not for San Francisco. SF was the most competitive market in the nation with 87.9% of homes up for sale having competitive bidding, thus driving homes sales up about the asking price.

California is just one of many, but with Google reinvesting, Hp investing as well in California, New highways being built, new bridges and new housing tracks being developed and the tightening of the spending, you can see why homes are rising. People from Arizona, Nevada and even cross country are flocking to California. My Nephew just landed a job for $89k. His 25 yrs old and moved here from outside the country. He had 23 offers, about 1/3 from the east and southeast coast.

Once California, who is the 8th largest economic power in the world, gets moving, the rest of the nation will follow.

[h=3]California economy among world economies[/h][TABLE=class: list, width: 60%]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3]Gross domestic product in $ trillions[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TH]Rank[/TH]

[TH]Country / State[/TH]

[TH]GDP[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=class: odd, bgcolor: #DDDDDD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]United States (without California)[/TD]

[TD]12.3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: even, bgcolor: #EEEEEE]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Japan[/TD]

[TD]5.07[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]China[/TD]

[TD]4.98[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Germany[/TD]

[TD]3.33[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]France[/TD]

[TD]2.65[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]United Kingdom[/TD]

[TD]2.17[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Italy[/TD]

[TD]2.11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]California[/TD]

[TD]1.89[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Brazil[/TD]

[TD]1.57[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Spain[/TD]

[TD]1.46[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://econpost.com/californiaeconomy/california-economy-ranking-among-world-economies