Sign in to follow this  
John T

How to stop unwanted emails from the same group?

Question

How do you guys get a marketing service/group to stop emailing you every time they have something stupid to say?

I notified these people to stop. It's an obvious scam. I got an email confirming that I will be taken off their list of constant contacts. Yet once again they just keep sending emails to me. Some go to my spam mail and some get thru.

Their wanna be's industry related and they just refuse to stop..

What would you do?

13 answers to this question

Constant Contact has an "Opt Out" feature John so if you've asked to be taken off, Constant Contact is responsible for that.

What wanna be Industry whatever are you talking about?

Before ANYONE else responds about the industry - don't.

The focus here is opting out of an email list. PERIOD.

ANY email sent en mass should have an opt out at the bottom.

READ THIS link..... AND THIS LINK and here is STATE LAW

So if you unsubscribe and they do NOT stop, my personal feeling is report them.

It might take 48 hours or so, depending on the email tool they are using.

Beth

Its none of anyone business who this is because hey for all I know they like this garbage and they just want to argue.

On a more important note once again I got a notification that says I was removed from Their list but this time they said it will take 48hrs. Totally bizaar. Like a roach you stepped on and threw it out and some how it reappears.

I have seen the 48 hour notice on many things I have unsubscribed to from contractor things to home goods, restaurants, and stores shop at that send far too many emails for my liking. Keep a list. If you get them past that point, take the next step.

Beth

I have seen the 48 hour notice on many things I have unsubscribed to from contractor things to home goods, restaurants, and stores shop at that send far too many emails for my liking. Keep a list. If you get them past that point, take the next step.

Beth

Thanks Beth. That's pretty much what I'm doing. I love when they respond back using my name as in "Hi John". I have to say at least this time it wasn't an automated response because they said some things in this email such as they acknowledge the legal aspect of this.

Hopefully these Friggin morons can finally figure it out.

Actually, that is standard. We use Constant Contact. When you add email addresses, you also add the person's first and last name. Then when you design the email, the template you use has a standard greeting or salutation. It might say Hi John, or Hello John, or something similar depending on the template the company is emailing. If a name is NOT associated with the email address, it will simply say something like Greetings for example.

You should check into Constant Contact. It's pretty cool, and great for business......

Beth

Actually, that is standard. We use Constant Contact. When you add email addresses, you also add the person's first and last name. Then when you design the email, the template you use has a standard greeting or salutation. It might say Hi John, or Hello John, or something similar depending on the template the company is emailing. If a name is NOT associated with the email address, it will simply say something like Greetings for example.

You should check into Constant Contact. It's pretty cool, and great for business......

Beth

Truth & Education Wins Again!

Thanks Beth, very informative.

Beth

Yes Beth Constant contact is great. The majority of our Vegas event members came from a few solid people's constant contact list that they sent out our info for us.

On this one particular company that's in discussion here, there last response was not a standard response. Resilience can crack right thru some of these companies especially when they go overboard with garbage. When your getting fax's, info voice mail advertisements and continuous ridiculous emails from them and even there information makes no sense... Then it's time to knock them down and out.

I would love to put their response I got yesterday on the net so people can see how stupid they were. Maybe this time they finally figured it out because there responses are now apologetic.

Let's see if they do what's right now instead of still acting like Morons.

I have been using Constant Contact for years and years. Never tried Mail Chimp, but I hear it is similar.

Chapter six part 1 (I think) of the marketing book I am writing on behalf of Cleaner Times has a large focus on email marketing.

Chapters 5 and 6 are both about internet marketing. Both chapters were substantial and had to be split into two sections.

I highly recommend them to all of our users. I have tried very hard to pack them with TONS of helpful information.

Happy reading, and happy marketing!

Beth

Yes Beth Constant contact is great. The majority of our Vegas event members came from a few solid people's constant contact list that they sent out our info for us.

On this one particular company that's in discussion here, there last response was not a standard response. Resilience can crack right thru some of these companies especially when they go overboard with garbage. When your getting fax's, info voice mail advertisements and continuous ridiculous emails from them and even there information makes no sense... Then it's time to knock them down and out.

I would love to put their response I got yesterday on the net so people can see how stupid they were. Maybe this time they finally figured it out because there responses are now apologetic.

Let's see if they do what's right now instead of still acting like Morons.

John,

Take your battle OFF OF THIS FORUM.

I won't have it.

If you want to talk about email, fine. Be professional. But STOP jabbing.

Keep the battle OFF of TGS.

I welcome NO BATTLES HERE!

Beth

What do you do if a company doesn't stop the harassment Especially with faxes? I've told them in the past via phone to take me off there list. I sent emails to them that you can check off area's to get you removed from their list and then I finally threatened them... And that seemed to work for awhile but yesterday I get another one of their emails and today Kathy told me there infomercial once again is on my business phone.

I'm guessing these morons will probably send a fax soon.

What's your suggestion to stop them permanently that isn't going to cost me $$ because there not worth it for me to spend a penny on. So what would you do outside the law(meaning I know I can work my way to report them for continuous harassment)??

Ok I'll look more into post #3. I'll show it to Kathy when she gets back from AC later today. I think she has Spoken to them by phone as well for us to be taken off there list. Telemarketing stuff.