Sign in to follow this  
daryl

What is this

Hey Gents, I was looking at some older post on house and roof washing and I found the description of a home brew that has TSP in it. What is (TSP) If anybody have any info about please let me know

Thanks Daryl

East Shelby Power Cleaning

Tri-sodium phosphate. It's a pretty good cleaner to mix with water to clean things like wallpaper glue off walls. Also a decent all-purpose cleaner, but a side reaction with it and water produces sodium hydroxide, a particularly dangerous caustic chemical that can corrode certain surfaces. It did a pretty nasty deal to the glass on my truck when some overspray got on it. It does wonders at breaking up grime, though.

You can buy it at most hardware stores. HD sells it by the box in powder form and is usually located in the paint section.

You *can* mix it with bleach and it will work on a roof. Bearing in mind that there is hydroxide present in the mix, whether or not you *should* will be at your discretion. Do a search on this board (ano others) for "sodium hydroxide" or SH and you will see many discussions on its application to roof cleaning.

From personal experience, I've found that the difference it makes in house and roof washing is insignificant. Bleach and a little soap mixed with water seems to be my best combination for houses. Application of 6% (final concentration) bleach seems to be my best tool for an awesome looking roof.

Ryan,

Starting to get my roof cleaning setup together.... how much soap or what proportion ... and what type of soap to do add to your chlorine roof mix. Also, do you have a part number for the extendable spray wand you ordered from Water Cannon? I plan on making a wand for walkable roofs, but the one you are using with a squeeze handle looks good for use on a ladder. Thanks!