Sign in to follow this  
Roof Therapist

Watering Grass With Delavan Pump

Can a simple water hose spray nozzle be used with a Delavan pump to water grass?  I recently had some dozer work done away from any public water system.  I have grass seed and straw down and need to water.  Some of the ground is sloped so can't safely drive over with gravity flow system.

I have a Delavan pump and 65 gallon water tank from my former roof cleaning business.  Both have only had clean water inside.  I have tried 4 different sprayers but can't produce enough spray to reach more than 10 feet.  I sprayed for an hour and didn't empty the tank. 

Does a high pressure nozzle need to be on the end of a wand?  When spraying roofs I had a trigger operated wand with a 4-nozzle head.  It would spray much better.  Unfortunately, I can't remember where I bought the wand online. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

RT

For roof cleaning ...try using a Soap Tip or pressure tip for a 8 gpm power washer fit your hose with a pvc handle with a ball valve and install a power washing quick connect at the end. Use those industrial tips to get more distance with the spray... In regards to watering the grass with a delavan pump I imagine you can rig the end of the  roof cleaning hose to have a regular hose nozzle on it...... I once used my roof cleaning pump and set up to treat my yard for fleas that had gone insane and needed like five separate spraying's !!! hope that helped