Sign in to follow this  
tropical wave

whats the difference?

Beth, Rod and Others,

Whats the difference between the HD80 and the F-18? Is one a hotter mix than the other? Does one strip better, easier, etc...? Does one or the other have multiple uses vs. the other? Same question for the F-10 and the EFC38?

Thanx

I must say I am partial to the F-18. Everyone has there favorites and mine is the F-18. Now I'm sure some will get their feathers ruffled but.... I have used them both and tested them both side by side along with others. Their base is the same SH but they are very different. The F-18 is better than the HD-80 because it can be mixed stronger than 10 oz to the gallon when needed. It doesn't need an adityive to make it stronger other than more product. The HD-80 will only mix up to like 10 oz to the gallon, more than that and it won't desolve for some reason. The F-18 has plenty of verticle cling were the HD needs an additive called hang time to do what the F-18 does with out it. They both have multiple uses. The F-18 strips better therefore you don't need to spend as much time on the job as you would if you were using HD. The F-18 is more cost effective too because at 6oz to the gallon it works just as good as the HD-80 at 8 oz per gallon. Now onto the EFC-38 and the F-10. The EFC-38 has a brightener in it where the F-10 doesn't. This is great for decks, it saves time which is great!! Now as far as how well they work... Both are good products and I use them both. I prefer the F-10 because it just works better. I primarily do log homes and doing a side by side test the F-10 out performs the Efc-38. You can see it attack the dirt and weathered wood. Now you do need to brighten seperately unless you add the acid yourself to the mix. I say get some samples and try them out. I have my favorite and for what I do the F series is a better buy. My 2 cents.

Robert, Thanks for the reply...I really appreciate it. Was just wondering NOW because of the "sale" with free shipping advertised for the HD-80 etc. Sounds great from what you've said....From what I've read in other threads is that most folks brighten anyway even using the EFC-38, so I guess it doesn't really matter that I'd have to use oxalic after the F-10......

Thanks again for taking the time

We can speak well to using HD-80 from our past experience with it.

I havent found any sealer that it wont remove. I rarely need to use it any stronger than 6oz.(weight)/gal.

As far as F-18 working better, I am still working on the dilution ratios to see what works best for what...

As always, its never a bad thing to have them both in your arsenal. We have field tested HD-80, EFC-38 and Citralic for all our wood care needs and they have worked wonderfully.

F-18, F-10 and F-08 are great products that we are happy to say are getting very good results. More to come on this as we continue our trials this season. (hurry up spring!)

Rod~

Remember test will vary. We have extensive field time with Extreme Solutions product line and know what it will do inside and out, every time we need it. We have not found a product yet that can out perform HD-80. We have begun to use the F series, and did get very favorable results, but as Rod said.....Hurry up spring!

Beth

Beth and Rod,

If you use F-18 at 6 oz or 8 oz it will work better than the HD. I know you guys have alot vested in the HD and I can definately respect that but pound for pound the F-18 will strip better than the HD. You can mix it stronger and let it dwell for a couple of extra minutes and it usually will lift every layer with only 1 application. I just did a log home with 4 heavy coats of CWF on it and only stripped it once. If I remember correctly I made a mix of about 12 oz to the gallon and let it dwell for about 10-15 minutes then rinsed with 500 psi. My 2 cents.

Robert,

We have used it at that strength. Please understand it is not just about being vested in HD-80, we have field time with it all the way back to testing - prior to release. We have a thorough understanding of what it will do. We get great results with both. But by no means is HD-80 a loser.

The right tool for the right job...

Beth:cool:

Have not yet tried F-18 on Sikkens Cetol DEK product. We have stripped 5 layers in public at a demo and 7 in the field with HD-80. Sikkend Cetol DEK is very very very hard to remove. HD-80 melted it.

Rod? Care to add your .02?

Beth