Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

Jacksonville pulls it off!

Question

Well now that its all said and done I think Jax did a fantastic job playing host city. We went downtown on Saturday to check it all out and kinda try to put ourselves in the shoes of those visting for the first time and we found that everthing was very well planned and very well thought out. They closed off many of the streets and the Main St. Bridge to only allow foot traffic they had music tower on every street conner, hundreds of vendors, probably a thousand bathrooms, more people on the streets than I have ever seen at any event that I've been to, a handfull of stages with dozens of great music artists. I'd have to say that it was one of the best well planned events that I've personally ever been to and my hat goes off to all of those on the host commity who volunteered their time to make it such a success. Oh yeah, and for all of those newpaper journislts who ripped on Jacksonville (of which most have never even vistted I might ad) Who's laghing now I'd say we are, all the way to the bank (huge dollars spent here in the past week).

Another thing I thought I would metion is that I was routing for Philly for many reasons, one of which,they seem to have had twice the enthusiasm and where much more hummlbed by the opportunity to play in the biggest sporting event short of the Olympics. When we were there on Saturday, one thing we all noticed was how lopsidded the fan base was. There must have been 8 Philly fans for every one Pat's fan. I thought it was pretty poor that a teams fan base is either to full of them selves or to ungratfull to even show a good turn out to an event such as the Super Bowl. Shame on them.

Here are a few pictures I took.

post-497-137772140213_thumb.jpg

post-497-13777214022_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Nice pictures. I think Jax did a great job also. I have only 2 questions--Whats up with the jackets was it that cold there and How did you get a picture of my yacht(I wish)

LOL! actually it was rather cold on Saturday, thankfully it warmed up a bit on Sunday. It was raining all day and night on Wed and Thurs. so I guess better to have a little cold than rain. One guy we ran into from the New England area said "At least you don't have to shovel the rain". About the Yaht, it is actually a lot bigger than it looks in the picture. There was a guy watching it and he told us it was the property of the owner of NasCar, from the looks of it I can believe it. :lgmoneyey