Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Regional Chats

Question

I was reading a thread about chat topics this morning, and I had an idea. How about Regional Chats? We already have regional forums for announcements, but this would be even better.

What I had in mind is we could have a volunteer for each region, take a poll and see which day and time would work for others in their area. We could then ask beth to list some kind of schedule to let others know about chat dates and times for thier region.

I am thinking this would make it really easy to network with and get to know other contractors in your area. This would also make it easier to plan roundtables and other special events in your area. It doesnt have to be anything long and drawn out and should not take up to much extra time, its just a little get together online to see whats going on in your region. If someone wanted to they could also bring in "special guest" to talk about various topics for their area, but just a simple meet & greet would be a great way to start. I guess this would almost be a kind of "online roundtable" of sorts.

Of course others would be allowed to come and take part in other regions chat. :D

With the amount of new guys who want to meet others and ask questions, and the amount of guys who just want to be able to network with others close by this could be a good thing.

Just an idea I thought I would toss out and see if there was an interest.

3 answers to this question

Another great idea!

Mike, I think you should start them off. It would be great if others did the same thing.

A popular time seems to be 8pm or 9pm eastern. Most folks are out of the field them. Hope this helps.

Beth

Thanks Beth.

Everyone else, I was thinking.. dont worry if you cant make it all the time to a chat session, I was just thinking if we had a schedule that we could go by, if your able to make it great, if not, no big deal. It does not have to be a "structured" chat, just a time of the week or so that a few of us in that area could get together and talk about various things from work to RT's to whatever?

I encourage others to look into maybe doing this in your area, if you dont have the time to do it weekly, do it bi weekly or monthly as it can be a great help. Even someone new could help, you dont have to know much, just set up a time and day in advance, let others in your area know about it.