Sign in to follow this  
reed

One son home, one to go

Question

Just to let everyone know who cares,

My oldest returned yesterday from Operation Iragi Freedom. He was a flyer and his mission is over, for now. He is to be married June 7th, we were a little worried he wouldn't make it back in time.

Unfortunately, our youngest, Mike, is with the 4th ID and still there, somewhere. We heard from him a week ago when he was in Kuwait and he stated he WAS headed north.

May all our sons and daughters come home soon.

Reed

9 answers to this question

I wish you and your family all the best. Thank your sons for me as I appreciate what they have done. I hope all goes well with the wedding. My prayers are with your son , and all others , who are still there.

I'm glad that one of the two is now home safely. Sounds like the worst is over, and the other one is still doing well. Hopefully he'll be home soon too.

Thank them both for me for supporting our Country!

If I may join the ranks - please share my thanks and gratitude also.

It is hard not to worry as a parent. It starts from the day they are born and never ends. May GOD protect our military and all our children from the wicked and evil.

GOD bless!

Guys,

I would like to thank you for my sons. You don't know what it means to me. thank you very very much.

I wish Mike was back, but he still has a job to do. We really don't know exactly where he is. We know somewhere in Baghdad. Doing what who knows!!!!!!

The wedding in 1 month away and we are pretty sure Mike won't make it back for it. But lot's of video will be taken I am sure.

As a father watching all that, you don't want your sons to go, but as a retired military, you want them to go. It's hard to explain the feeling one gets when I see the soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen doing what they volunteered to do and do it with such great pride and precision. I am very fortunate to have been a part of such a great military and can pass it on to my children.

Thanks again all.

Reed

ps, the sun is out