Sign in to follow this  
jnoden

homemade deck sprayer

Question

Wish I could buy the deckster this year but at $550 and only working part-time it is hardly justified. I see that some people make their own with a cart,bucket and pump and the results have been good for spraying both the chemical and sealer. Can anyone direct me on how to do this? I could use specifics as to what pump to get, nozzle sizes, type of wand, etc. any help would be much apreciated.

3 answers to this question

jnoden,

Try this...

http://www.thegrimescene.com/Store/product_info.php?cPath=22_44&products_id=137

Maybe this will fit into your budget?

If not, pick up a shurflo pump 100psi, 1.2-1.8gpm, some 1/4 braided hose, screw clamps, hose barbs MPT (sized to match pump inlet and outlet), spray wand with hose barb to fit wand and hose, 12v deep cylce marine battery, 4x4 piece of plywood (for mounting), 4 U-bolts (sized to fit around handles of the cart), battery connectors (either clamp or collar type), teflon tape (prevents leaks around the hose connections to pump and spray wand), hand cart.

By the time all is said and done, you will spend around 250-300 for all the items above and then need to configure it to work for you in your set up.

Lets hear it from some of the other diy'ers of spray set ups! :)

Rod~

Thanks for the info Rod. The bucket topper sounds affordable. Have you used it to spray strippers and sealer? How does it work compared to your Decker?

Same function as the decker 5'er only lighter and space convenient.

Will spray sealer and chems equally well and the pressue adjustment valve can help when you need to drop the psi for thinner fluids.

The battery you buy will still weigh a ton :hmmm:

Rod~