Sign in to follow this  
rewsnaeht

Re-Locating to Orlando In August, some questions....

I currenty do some work down here in the keys, and my girlfriend is attending UCF next fall so I will have to relocate. My question is, is there too many PW's up there or would I be able to do OK for myself? I mainly focus on residental jobs and I really dont have much overhead so I dont have to be super busy to make a living for now. Im sure there plenty of PW's up there but is there enough work to keep everyone busy? thanks

There are over 190 pw'ers listed in the Bellsouth yellow pages and I've never counted the Sprint listings plus all the others that aren't in the books. Staying busy will depend on several factors. The scope of your services offered, quality of work, company image, salesmanship, etc. I stay busy, but it wasn't always that way. What kind of equipment do you have?

I have a 4000psi 4gpm cold water machine, 30gal tank as a buffer tank when needed, 100ft hose, 2 ladders, pump sprayer for applying chems to concrete and decks, of course chemicals, and I'll be getting x-jet next week. I dont have a surface cleaner yet which I should have by the time im up there, and hopefully a burner. nothing fancy but I have to start somewhere....

It all depends on where you go in the orlando area. What part are you planning to move into. Here in Kissimmee, the fly by nighters are charging $30 for a house was $75 for roof wash (2000sq ft homes). Just as with Don, if you have any questions feel free to ask. I will help as much as possable. I much rather see knowledgeable competition rather than those damn fly by nighters.

Agreed, For orlando (or anywhere) its what you make of it. I worked for a p-wash co. and they had pretty much flooded the high prop. homes (1 mil and up). But there are alot of houses out there, and lots of trees.

colin