Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Vehicle Maintenance

Today I am dropping my truck off to get some work done to it to assure it keeps me moving this year. I know alot of attention is paid to equipment maintenance, but do any of you have a maintenance plan for your vehicle as well?

I would have to say we put our vehicles under alot more stress then a vehicle used for normal everyday use. You have more drive time, more stess when pulling equipment, more wear from running all the time. it just seems the maintenance plan that comes with a vehicle would not be enough when using it was a work vehicle. Whats your plan to counter act this early wear and tear?

We have a maintenance computer installed in the sprinter van to let us know when it is time for service. Other than that, every 3-4K miles for lubes and filters. 25K miles for tune ups, 15k miles for brakes, and tires depending upon wear and alignment.

With 3 vehicles in our 'fleet' it is quite an expense. And people wonder why costs go up for companies that are larger?!?!

Rod~

I have a mileage book inside my truck that I record my mileage on for end of the year tax stuff. I also use that book to tell me when to change my fluids, grease my zirks and all that good stuff. I keep track of that in another little book I keep in my glove box. In that I note the mileage, date and what was done.

I run Mobil 1 synthectic in my engine and change oil every 6,000 miles.

I added a super heavy duty B&M auxillary transmission oil cooler and filter to add in prolonging my trannys life.

Change the trans fluid and filter every 12,000 miles.

Grease the zirks over the entire suspension every 24,000 miles.

Every 50,000 miles I change the brake fluid and bleed the brakes.

Every 12,000miles I rotate the tires

That is all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

I also Check all fluids when I fill up for gas.

Richard