Sign in to follow this  
The Rob

Favorite Recipies

Question

Here is an excellent recipie for grilling chicken or pork. Just take an roll it in the coating mix before putting it on the grill. I have tried it on deer, pheasant, and beef, did not taste very good. It makes quite a bit of the mix, so I store it in a 5qt ice cream container. Be sure an use a seperate container to roll the meat in so that you don't contaminate the mix. While grilling be sure and have an Ice cold Michelob Light in your hand, makes the grilling time a whole lot better!!! Enjoy!!!

Robert

Coating for meat to grill

1- 4lb sugar

2- season salt (8oz)

1- lemon/pepper ( same size of bottle as above, not sure of the oz)

1- paprika ( same as above)

1- parsley (5oz)

1- garlic powder (2.5oz)

You can very the mix to suit your own taste. Start with this and then make it to suit your self.

3 answers to this question

Beth,

I sure hope so. Can't wait for some good cajun recipies from down south. What is popular up in the Northeast to put on the grill?

Robert

I'll grill just about anything. Veggies, meats, seafood, all of it. I use spice rubs, marianades, etc. The veggies I sometimes put on the grill as kebobs, but other times I will use my grill wok, which helps to keep smaller pieces from falling thru the grill top. I also love the beer can chicken cooker I got. Talk about a tender bird! But don't overfill the neck, or you end up with a flare up you are trying to avoid.

Sometimes I'll also grill things to add as ingredients to other dishes, like grilled chicken breasts for salads or soup, or grilled veggies fro salsas or soups.

Then again, I have been known to shovel a path in two feet of snow to the grill and cook a steak. We grill year round.

Beth

p.s. I'll dig up a marianade later and post it.