Sign in to follow this  
Wallydog

Chemical Applications

i have a Coleman 3200psi, 8HP 3.0GPM pressure washer. I'm just starting out. When you apply chems/detergents do you apply them first with the black nozzle and then wait 10 mins or so and proceed to pressure wash? Or do you leave the chem mixture going all the time while pressure washing and then wash and rinse when you feel you have completed the wash? Wallydog

It really depends on what your cleaning and what your chemical is. Do an area as a test to see what strength you need and dwell time. if you rinse too soon, you can go over the area again. Dont let the chem dry out though. rinse after enough dwell time but before chem dries out. sometimes that means misting more chem on before your ready to rinse. but most of all just go out and learn while your doing. Good luck.

If you are applying your chems with the soap nozzle that came with your unit how are you reaching the top of the walls? I suggest using a 0degree nozzle that will allow you to dray soap then take your pickup line out of your soap and rinse. Or you can get an x-jet or something like it.