Sign in to follow this  
Wallydog

What Chems to use?

I'm just starting out and are seeking info on what chems I should carry with me. I will be cleaning concrete, patios, pavers, and outdoor food eating areas. Chewing gum is going to be a problem as I don't have a hot water unit.

Im a little confused in that I understand you apply chems and then wash them off. Right!? Is their times you use chems all the time while pressure washing some areas? I have a coleman 8hp, 3200psi, 3-4gpm rating. thanks Wallydog

Wally, welcome to The Grime Scene. :cheers:

Chems depend on alot of things, what your cleaning, what are you trying to get off, your climate, your equipment and so on. What might be a little easier for you is to check out the Sub forums here:

Residential Pressure Washing

Wood Cleaning & Restoration

Cedar & Log Home Care

Planes, Trains & Automobiles...Boats & Trucks too

Flatwork & Buildings

Up on the Roof

Windows & Gutters

are just some of the many here. If you want to clean concrete check out the Flatwork & Buildings sub forum. There you will find many threads on cleaning concrete. See what others use and how they use it. Then ask questions about their chem or process and it might get you a better response. You can do this with all sub forums here and learn alot. Your question just seems kind of broad and you may not get the answers you want until your a little more specific. I just want to help you get better answers to your questions.

Keep participating, keep asking questions and enjoy the learning experience! :D

Hot water is all I use for gum removal. I carry chems that suit the job. If I am washing a house I have my house wash mix, my gutter scrub, I also bring oxalic or HF acid with me for those rust stains or when the orange weeps out from under the siding. If I am washing concrete and drive thrus I carry a degreaser, Oxalic or HF acid and job depending bleach. If I am washing heavy equipment I carry lots and lots of degreaser.

Richard