Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Georgia Tornados

Question

Hope Scott and everyone else down in South GA. faired the storms and tornados down thier ok. I saw some video on the news and it looked like some of the towns down thier got it pretty good. Living in the midwest, I have a respect for the power of tornados and have seen thier destruction first hand.

2 answers to this question

Mike,

We did get some bad weather but, we didn't get the brunt of the storms.The major part of the damage was southwest of us.200 homes either damaged or destroyed completely and 1 death.

The NBC & Fox weather teams here do an awesome job during a storm to get the word out to the authorities so they can get people moved to shelter.They may get the regular forecast wrong any other day but when there is severe weather they are on top of their game and it saves lives.

We are expecting some more severe weather Sunday morning.They predict these storms to follow the same paths as Tuesdays storms.

Glad to see you guys are alright - after those nasties left you, they visited NC last evening. It was amazing to watch the sky & clouds (on the news and then approaching us live) Fortunately, somewhere in the next county before us, it lost it's punch and we didn't get anything severe although the news folks had my kids running for the basement! Mother Nature is not to be fooled with!