Sign in to follow this  
desi

surface cleaner

It appears the pic Alan posted of the quick connects are similar to mine. Notice the small prong protruding from the plug. That is the valve stem configuration I spoke of above. When connected, this prong is depressed thus allowing a flow. If you buy that discription, I have some land for sale in ------.

I have not used these on a pressure wash rig, but have used them in carpet cleaning. The pressure was much, much less on the carpet machines, but they were disconnected while under pressure. Like an air compressor they will pop apart from the pressure when you pull the collar back.

That little nipple on the plug, when mated with the quick coupler will allow the water to flow.

Anyway, the mention of these type of qc's was just to say they do exist, but if you try them, be cautious. I can not guarantee that they are designed for high psi. Then mention of air compressors is just for comparison, so please do not use try and use those qc's on a washer.

It would have never occured to me to even try them.

I'm satisfied with the fact that I've been proved wrong and they exist.

The ball valve configuration, which I described above, works for us and I would never look for any other solution to replace it. It's convenient and safe.

I was begining to question how something like that could be uncouppled while under pressure but it makes sense when your dealing with low pressures such as air or carpet cleaning.

ps: I've graduated to a TGS member....yupeeeeee :lgjump:

It appears the pic Alan posted of the quick connects are similar to mine. Notice the small prong protruding from the plug. That is the valve stem configuration I spoke of above. When connected, this prong is depressed thus allowing a flow. If you buy that discription, I have some land for sale in ------.

I own the title for the birds above the draw bridges in south florida....maybe we can trade for the land.

hello ,

I am trying to get my gun to look like Alan's does in the post. Where my barrell is connected, there is a brass nut (4 sided) . the gun is made by MV ? It came with my craftsman unit. My question is , it appears my barrell is screwed into the gun via that brass nut. Can I remove that nut and replace it with a qc? My barrell is about 16" long and screws into the wand. I would like to avoid having to buy another gun.

please advise

I own the title for the birds above the draw bridges in south florida....maybe we can trade for the land.

My people need to get with your people and maybe we can make this deal happen. I could use a few more birds to enhance my wetlands. LOL:)