Sign in to follow this  
Christopher

Need help with "Obstacle"

Question

Hello Everyone,

I have some concrete to clean on the side of a house and at the back of the house. In the middle of the sidewalk there is a huge Air Conditioner that blocks the sidewalk and there is only a few inches clearance around it. There is a 6' wooden privacy fence on the side of it running the length of the property isolating the property from the vacant lot. I need a way to get to the back yard by either crossing over the Air Conditioner or the fence to do the job as the people will not be home and the only other way is through their home. Please let me know if you have any ideas to do this safely. I was thinking about the "Little Giant" ladder to go over the fence but I do not have one and the shop that can get them will have to order it and it will be weeks. Thanks for any help.

6 answers to this question

Is the fence all the way around the house? Is there a gate entry anywhere? You might be able to take a small step ladder and hop to the other side and then pull the ladder over to that side to get back out. If it is only 6' high it should be pretty easy to scale. Are you using a hydra scrubber on the concrete or just the wand. Either way you should be able to carry the equipment over the fence and still lay it on the other side of the fence w/o dropping the gear to avoid any damage. Those little giants are very pricey for just a 6' fence. There must be a rental company in that beautiful city you live in that can rent you a 10' or 12' aframe ladder for a song. Then you can scale either side with no probs. I have a helicopter account that the owner would be glad to lower you down to the back side for 1000.00 an hour. just kidding, hope that helps.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Hey Chris how you doing down there in Corpus man. Just put you equipment close to the AC. Do you have a long enough hose that will reach back there. If so you will not have to rent anything or buy anything. Thay way you do not have to pick up anything. You also said there was a vacant lot beside you. Why not pull up in your truck close to the back yard on the vacant lot side and leave all you equipment on the truck and throw your hose over the fence and wlak around and get to work. I hope this helps let me know.

Hey Travis,

How's it going? Are you in San Antonio or the outskirts? My machine is a trailer rig. I have enough hose to reach the back yard but just have the obstacle of getting over the fence or Air Conditioner as I will have to do it many times as I will be doing the sidewalks on both sides of the house and there are obstacles on both sides (plants on the other side that you cannot walk on and about 20' long covering the sidewalk). I will be washing the roof so the Manlift will be there in the empty lot so I can boom over the house (they have one of those beautiful pebble aggregate driveways that might break if I use the manlift on the driveway). Still looking for some solutions. I think that maybe a couple of 8' step ladders close together one on each side and maybe that will work. I will think about it.

Chris another suggestion is remove 3 or 4 boards from teh fence so that will allow you to walk right thru, check to see if it is screws holding the boards in if so tak them out and get to work. If it is nails take them out real careful and get to work.

Yea man i Converse. About 5 or 6 minutes from San Antonio. But all my work is done in San Antonio.