Sign in to follow this  
Paul B.

Thrill Seakers.

Question

For those of you that have not left your heart (or stomach) in San Francisco, I have something to elevate your adrenalin and blood pressure.

Cedar Point Amusement (theme) Park in Sandusky, Ohio has a new ride this year, called the Top Thrill Dragster. It's a screaming machine that rises 420 feet tall and accelerates you (and all your attached body parts) to 120mph, then drops you (without stomach and brain) at close to that same speed (36 per ft, per second squared). Have I had lunch yet? - Better wait.

From an accelerating horizontal launch pad, you rocket up the huge vertical hill (42 story buildings don't look this tall) , rotate 90 degrees, crest ("dwell" to all you pressure washers) at the apex to give you a brief look and feel of the height (they want to make you think about what you signed on for - then smile ...before you scream), then plummet STRAIGHT DOWN while spiraling 270 degrees.

...That's it!

The vertical deceleration is unnoticeable as everyone is trying to remember how to breathe and are repositioning all internal organs (never mind the few that are looking forward to a change of underwear).

Are you ready to go again? Only the true thrill seakers are.

Safety First and Make It Last!

See you in line !!!

1 answer to this question

I'm sure I'd throw up, and with the prices for lunch at Cedar Point, that be a waste of $$$

Of course a bulimic might appreciate the ride....:D