Sign in to follow this  
glock40

maintenance plans

Question

Just curious as to what powerwashing company's are doing for service after they have powerwashed and stained a deck/patio. Or even for washing homes and concrete walkways. What are you guys offering for the next year around?

thanks to all that reply

2 answers to this question

On decks I always quote a maintenance price for the following year. Then at the beginning of the season I send cards out to remind them of the maintenance. It builds up a steady client base that I have every year. And the referals I get from the maint. jobs are usually other people interested in the same thing.

Another thing I find that works is putting a little humor in the pitch......I say to them "do you know that wood is a living , breathing material? " they always agree to that....then I say "Did you know that scientists have proven that trees actually comunicate with each other?" some have heard this and some people havent. Then I tell them that the boards on their deck are probably chatting with each other as we speak....and probably arent too happy with them since they have been mistreated...but not to fear...I'll wash the deck....seal it with a quality sealer....and have a chat with the boards so that no only will they look good...but will have a better opinion of their owner........they laugh...it brings down their guard and I usually get the job.

Andy

I tend to stay away from wood decks but I do houses and flatwork. When I get a first time customer I give them a stack of business cards and tell them to write their names on them and hand them out. If they refer 5 jobs to me I send them a certificate for a free house wash. I also send them a letter 6 and 10 months after the cleaning thanking them for their business and reminding them that houses do get dirty again and I am still in the area if they need anything.