Sign in to follow this  
TNTPW

Credit Cards

I did a job a few days ago and the client asked me if i accepted paypal. I have a pay pal account but i never even thought about using it for the business i jsut use it to buy stuff off EBAY. I told her i did have an account i gave her my email address to send it to and i drove straight home. Looked on the computer and i got my money. Its a real easy adn safe way for people to send you money. Also ou enver get there credit card numbers. So customers hate to give there credit card number out. Also you could accept all credit cards thru this way and not have to pay anything. Just thought i would share this with you. I am goign to advertise it on my truck and business cards and see what happens.

I've heard a few others here mention using PayPal for excepting payments from their clients. I've never considered taking credit cards in any form as of yet because out of the 2 years I've been in business, I've only had one customer even ask if I accept them.

We've been accepting credit cards this way with absolutely no problem. Money goes in and I can transfer it to our regular business account with a mouse click or I can leave it and use our PayPal debit card. I noticed that both of the links posted above while concentrating on slamming PayPal, also are soliciting for their own credit card processing services.

Celeste

I agree here. besides my pressure washing business I've been in the antique and collectible business for a number of years and have sold hundreds of items on e-bay of which most of the purchasers have used Paypal and I've never had any problems what so ever.

I've never had problems with paypal and now they allow non-members to pay you just like a regular online transaction. No signing up or anything, you just put a link on your site and it goes to a credit card page for payment. I was just looking into this yesterday...

At one time, about a year ago, those 2 sites did not push the merchant services, but I don't know what their agenda is today. I, myself, had problems with Paypal awhile back.

Here is the biggest problem, Paypal is performing banking services, is NOT a bank, and therefore is NOT subject to federal banking rules. True, millions of people use them with no problems, but what about the hundreds of thousands of people who have had their accounts "locked" by Paypal, many times without explanation.

I did get my money back from them, but it took MANY months and a LAWYER.

I'm not here to argue, but do the research, and you will find that Paypal has complaints against them in most major jurisdictions in this country, and is being investigated by several States' Attorney Generals.

Again, just stating the facts and providing warning.

Also, after looking, neither of those sites sell merchant services themselves, they have extensive advertising on there though (and I wouldn't doubt if they get "kickbacks"). But, it is very expensive to operate a website that gets millions of hits, therefore using loads of bandwidth.

Also, if you will look, www.nopaypal.com doesn't even have the advertising for the merchant services (which is all over the other site), though they DO have an "alternatives" page linking to several different payment options.

I have been using PayPal for 3+ years without any problems. I do not let money sit in the account for very long before I transfer to my checking account.

Mike

Yes, with Paypal's millions of customers, it is unlikely, statistically, that most will have any problems. I just pointed out the fact that it DOES happen. Good Luck to everyone.